Actions and Detail Panel
Big Gay Supper Club: Memorial Day Weekend Barn Dinner (+ optional outings)
Sun, May 28, 2017, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM EDT
Debut Big Gay Supper Club Event!
Location: New Milford, CT*
Join us for the kick-off event in this series of dining experiences, featuring queer talent.
This special holiday weekend event will include:
- food by chef Taylor Lear, of Spoontang Kitchen
- beverage pairings by brewmaster Jayne Henson
- incense-making workshop by herbalist Adam Travia of Earthtouch Wellness
- musical performance by folk singer, Sarah Factor
- local produce sourced from River Crest Farm
In addition to our supper club event on Sunday, May 28, we've added a full itinerary of activities for the weekend, which you can choose to participate in "a la carte," to help make the most of your holiday weekend. Looking forward to hosting you for some quality outdoor enjoyment, with the best that the region has to offer!
Saturday, May 27:
* mid-day hike (exact trail TBD, but will be in the Litchfield County area of CT, and will not be too strenuous; also, dog-friendly, and free of charge!)
* evening movie at Four Brothers Drive In in nearby Amenia, NY! If we have 20+ in attendance, we can qualify for a group discount, so we will need a final headcount of attendees closer to the event - stay tuned for that roll call...
Sunday, May 28:
* Big Gay Supper Club: Memorial Day Weekend Barn Dinner with special guests, chef Taylor Lear of Spoontang Kitchen serving up delicious tasting plates incorporating the seasonal bounty of the local region, which will be served alongside custome beer pairings by brewmaster Jayne Henson. We'll also be hosting a "make your own incense" workshop led by herbalist Adam Travia of Earthtouch Wellness during the first hour of the event, and will be enjoying the vocal stylings of Sarah Factor throughout the evening.
Monday, May 29 (Memorial Day):
* lake time at Candlewood Lake - this beautiful lake is the largest, and most popular, in CT. A daily pass for an adult non-resident is normally $15, but if we have 10+ people, we can secure a group reservation for a discounted rate - roll call for that will be announced closer to the date, as well...
So, grab some friends and/or a sweetheart, rent a car and an airbnb, and join us for a great weekend of various events with queer fam! As for overnight accommodations, there are lots of area options on airbnb, as well as local B&Bs and small hotels/motels just down the road from us. Feel free to contact us directly for local recommendations. Also, Beacon, NY is less than an hour drive, and New Paltz/Kingston NY and the Catskills are about 1.5 hr drive away. So, you can stay anywhere in the lower/mid-Hudson Valley, or in our beautiful Litchfield Hills of CT, and enjoy all that the region has to offer!
**limited supply of early-bird tickets available now through Mar 30!**
#tasty #social #queer #biggaysupperclub #memorialdayweekend2017 #hudsonvalley #litchfieldcounty #lgbt #queer #supperclub #hiking#laketime #upstate #tristate #locavore #weekendgetaway#perfectweekend #holidayweekend #lezeat
*street address will be disclosed in ticket confirmation email