Big Data Malaysia, with F-Secure
Thursday, August 1, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (MYT)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
If tickets sell out, please join the waitlist - we will work to get more spots available!
It's time for the next installment of Big Data Malaysia; this time we're very fortunate to be supported and hosted by F-Secure!
This event will be hosted at F-Secure's premises in Bangsar South, which is walking distance from Kerinchi LRT station.
For those of you who are observing Ramadhan (actually, for all guests) food and drink will be provided to break fast, thanks to F-Secure's sponsorship. There are also surau facilities near the event space.
This event will be emceed by Ng Swee Meng, and we have some great talks lined up:
- Keng Chee-Chan: Senior Manager, F-Secure R&D
- Introducing F-Secure R&D and their Big Data challenges.
- Aizu Ikmal Ahmad: Senior Programmer, Malaysiakini
- He claims he is street smart, after he sacked his lecturer from UNITAR 8 years ago. Then, he became exposed to political conscience during his couple of years servicing Parliament's IT department. Then he opened his eyes to the-other-side of the political scenario, since 5 years ago with Malaysiakini's R&D department. Being a behind-the-backdrop person, he is not really talkative. But when the topic is about Debian, LAMP or Rockford Fosgate, he will talk hours sharing his humble real-world scenario experience on codes & hacks. Recently, after discovering Arduino & Raspberry Pi, his focus went to how to run Malaysian-PRISM, tapping his neighbors phone line & reading their emails.
- "undi.info & AWS": This brief talk about Undi.info & AWS, is about sharing experiences on the harvesting, handling & processing of the election results data. We will discuss pre and post GE13 result data massage and processing. Also we will show a demo of the Parliament Analysis Tool, which is one of the important tools for political-pundits.
- Zakiullah Khan Mohammed: Independant Software Engineering Management Consultant
- Getting hooked to Unix Terminal at age of 7, Zaki started his career as a High Performance Computing Engineer, after graduating out as Electronics & Communications Engineer from Anna University. Later on, he went on to create and establish India’s first RIA Consulting company, Esberi, which later became Adobe’s leading Platinum Solution Partner for Enterprise Products. Also during the tenure at Esberi, he had travelled across globe and worked with Fortune 100 companies like SAP, Nissan and Invitrogen, and same time worked with many startups like photo.com on technical and business challenges. He is also a Corporate Executive Education Alumni of prestigious Indian School of Business. Of many roles undertaken, Zaki has also conducted sessions and delivered keynotes at many conferences across Asia. Currently based in Kuala Lumpur, he is on to his next idea and at same time working as Data Exploration consultant.
- "Designing Big Data Solutions Using AWS": This talk is intended for both beginner and intermediate level audiences, and would be a mix of talk + demo. The demo will be about loading population census data and creating a solution that would cater for both batch and interactive queries.
When & Where
Big Data Malaysia
Big Data Malaysia is a meetup group for professionals with interest in all things Big Data; including NoSQL, Hadoop, visualisation, business use cases, data science, and more.