San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Bianco CPA presents Bookkeeping 411 (TM)
Presented by Lori Bianco, CPA and CGMA, of BiancoCPA
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Registration begins 8:00 am
Program runs from 8:30 am to 10:00 a.m.
Macomb-OU INCubator at Velocity Collaboration Center
6633 Eighteen Mile Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Many entrepreneurs find they need help creating and using a bookkeeping system. Bookkeeping 411 is designed as a primer for those looking to understand the basics of designing, implementing and maintaining a bookkeeping system. Receive guidance on:
- Choosing a manual versus an automated bookkeeping system
- Creating a customized chart-of-accounts
- Understanding the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers
- Customizing transaction processes that work for you
- Maintaining appropriate physical/electronic records
- Designing reconciliation procedures
- Learning about basic financial statements and their purpose
- Understanding basic financial statements and their purpose
- Interpreting basic financial data and ratios
- Formulating a solid management dashboard
- Answering specific questions from participants
Lori is a Certified Public Accountant and a Chartered Global Management Accountant, as well as being an entrepreneur herself. She is a graduate of Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration and has held positions in public accounting and in private industry in the manufacturing sector before founding her own practice in 1997. She is currently "Director of Perfect Service" at Bianco and Company PLC ("BiancoCPA") with offices in Sterling Heights and Novi.
Lori most enjoys the teaching aspect of her profession and welcomes opportunities to impact the success of businesses, no matter how small. She shares her expertise via, among others, her Executive-in-Residence position at the Macomb-OU INCubator, her workshops sponsored by the Macomb County SBTDC at Velocity and the AICPA's participation in the Veteran's Fast Launch Program virtually. She currently holds Board positions at the Macomb/St.Clair Workforce Development Board and several local non-profit organizations. She volunteers her time mentoring those about money management, financial responsibility, and the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship.
To register for this free event, please visit www.eventbrite.com/8000552869.
For more information on this program, please contact Brittany Latham at (586) 255-7251.
For more information on the Executives-in-Residence program, please contact Joan Carleton at macINC@oakland.edu or (586) 884-9324.