We'll be using #hpsmr for live updates and conversations on Twitter.
HP is proud to present the latest installation of panels and talks centered around the Social Web.
Please join us on Wednesday evening, August 19 as our amazing panel discusses the next step in the evolution of Social Media. We've moved beyond the hype. We're at the implementation stage, and we'll discuss what companies need to be doing to ensure success.
- Steve Rubel (@steverubel : www.steverubel.com/) is SVP, Director of Insights for Edelman Digital, a division of Edelman - the world's largest independent PR firm
He is charged with helping clients identify emerging technologies and trends that can be applied in marketing communications programs. He also explores these topics on his lifestream site and in his bi-weekly AdAge column.
- Richard Brewer-Hay (@ebayinkblog : http://ebayinkblog.com) is Senior Manager, Social Media Strategy & Chief Blogger for eBay Inc. In January, 2008, he joined eBay as Chief Blogger to direct its social media initiatives and launch “eBay Ink” (http://ebayinkblog.com), where he captures and shares his insights and perspective on the company and provides another conduit for corporate communications.Richard launched the ebayinkblog Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/ebayinkblog) in June, 2008 that allowed eBay to become the first Fortune 500 company to live-blog financial announcements and earnings’ calls via Twitter. In March, 2009 Richard introduced the first social media guidelines for corporate disclosure for both blogging and micro-blogging.
- Michael Brito (@britopian : www.britopian.com) is a Social Media Strategist at Intel.
- Angela LoSasso (@AngelaAtHp) manages the U.S. Social Media | Social Networking program for HP's Imaging and Printing Group. She oversees several HP social media assets, including HP Twitter accounts the HP Wiki, the HP Small Business Wiki, and she several HP blogs. (You can find her on Jeremiah Owyang's Ongoing List of Community Managers at Enterprise Corporations.)
Prior to joining HP in 2006, Angela was Director of Editorial at Netflix and was Executive Editor of Reviews at CNET. She’s a graduate of the Walter Cronkite School of Broadcasting and Journalism at Arizona State University (go Devils!).
The panel will be moderated by Tony "Frosty" Welch (@frostola : www.frostyland.com). Tony works for HP in the PSG Division, and is the Community Manager for The Next Bench. He is also responsible for Web, Community and Social Media Strategy.
- Date: Wednesday, August 19th, 2009
- Where: San Mateo Marriott
- Time: from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- 6:00-6:45 Mingle
- 6:45 Welcome
- 6:50 Introduction of Panel
- 7:00 Begin Panel Discussion
- 8:30 Q&A
- 9:00 Done!
When & Where
The Next Bench
The Next Bench (www.TheNextBench.com) is an official HP destination for innovation and computing enthusiasts. It provides insight into industry trends, dialogue with thought leaders and a behind-the-scenes view of innovations spearheaded by HP. It was launched in June of 2008 as the gathering point for fans of the Voodoo brand, and has since grown into the premier online destination for the HP Personal Systems Group.
Tony "Frosty" Welch works for HP in the PSG Division, and is the Community Manager for The Next Bench. He is also responsible for Web, Community and Social Media Strategy