San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In nearly every workplace or organization -- nonprofit, for-profit, government -- somebody needs to train somebody to do something. Learn basic skills to become a better facilitator and trainer, including:
- How to identify and avoid bad trainer behavior
- Designing exercises and activities that engage your learners
- Encouraging everyone to participate -- and managing those who over-participate
- Building consensus and running effective meetings
- Tips and tricks from the trainer's toolbox
Come prepared to participate. We'll design and demonstrate training exercises in real time. Warning: PowerPoints will be confiscated at the door!
Breakfast sandwiches, pastries, fruit, yogurt and beverages will be provided to tide you over until the workshop ends at 1:00. (Lunch is not provided.)
When & Where
Marlboro College Center for New Leadership
The Center for New Leadership at Marlboro College is a community focused on exploring and applying new approaches to leadership. Working with mission-driven individuals, organizations and coalitions, we build leadership capacity through teaching, coaching and consulting.