Photographer Gregg Cobarr’s Better Photos Now! workshop at Samy’s Camera EDU is a crash course in people photography. In this very popular class students will learn how to take manual control of their camera using the shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings. Gregg’s infectious energy and enthusiasm ensures that everyone has a great time while they are learning
- Learn how to simplify using your camera and photograph as an “extension of yourself”
- Learn how to photograph in any type of light
- Maximize your camera and lens to their fullest capabilities Work with modifying, adding or subtracting light
- Learn to take great photos of family and friends
- Easily understand aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- Shoot in any situation confidently with action or static subjects
- Learn how to choose using a handheld meter or the meter in your camera or no meter
- Capture unique photos of your pet whether very large or small
- Make quick and spontaneous decisions right in the midst of photographing
- Start using your intuitive processes … the key to great photography
- Use memory cards properly both inside and outside the camera
- Learn several basic camera tools so that you will get a great photo every time
- Leave “automatic” behind forever (at least most of the time) and take total control of your camera
- Know how and when to experiment with your camera
- Back up…back up…back up… your photos
INSTRUCTOR BIO: Click HERE to view Gregg Cobarr's biography
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Beginner to Intermediate: Attendee should be familiar with the basic functions and menus of their camera
WHAT TO BRING: Please bring your DSLR camera and something with which to take notes. Be sure that your camera battery is charged and that you have a memory card with room on it for photos.
PARKING and LOCATION: Los Angeles - Limited parking is available at Samy’s Camera Store parking lot: 431 S. Fairfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036 (entrance is on Drexel Ave.)
When you arrive please do the following:
- Pull all the way up to the wall or park behind someone and make sure to park within the lines. A parking attendant is usually on duty to help you. Space is limited and tandem parking is necessary so everyone is able to park free of charge. If you are unwilling to tandem park, please find parking elsewhere.
- Please do not block spaces by parking far from the wall or double parking. (Spaces for larger vehicles are on the left as you enter.)
Samy’s EDU classrooms are located at 475 S. Fairfax Ave. (4th building south of the store on the same side of the street.)
REFUND AND CANCELLATIONS: scroll to bottom of page.
"Gregg Cobarr's Better Photos Now workshop is true to its name!
It was so cool because we learned techniques and then we were able to apply them straight away. It was really hands on, and we got to try so many different techniques! Although it was a group class, Gregg made it really individual. I will take more of the Level Two classes! Gregg takes teaching photography to the next level with a fun, fast, practical and focused approach."
"I just love taking photos! I own a Nikon D300s and have RARELY shot in MANUAL mode because I didn't understand it. I had convinced myself that it was way too complicated for me to comprehend, but after taking YOUR workshop I'm shooting in MANUAL for the rest of my photography days... smile! YOU turned the "lights on" in my head. I now see and FULLY understand what MANUAL mode is all about and why it is best to ALWAYS shoot in MANUAL mode. Thank YOU so much, Gregg!"
- Sandy C.
"Great beginning workshop for those who want to dive into photography. I learned a lot about F stops, shutter speed and ISO. We even had a model there so we could practice what we learned!"
- Shelley T.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS:
Our goal is to provide a fun and professional learning environment that fosters a positive experience and builds a strong relationship with Samy's Camera customers. Unless otherwise noted, all classes require advance registration due to limited seating and/or availability.
Samy's EDU makes the decision to run a class based on the attendance level 48 hours prior to the class. Because of this, we can only offer a refund if you notify us by sending an email to EDU@Samys.com 48 hours before your class. If you fail to provide email notification or if you cancel less than 48 hours prior to the class all monies will be forfeit and you will not receive a refund.
On occasion we may cancel a class because of low enrollment and/or unforeseen professional conflict on the part of the instructor. Should this be the case, all monies will be refunded in full. We do not take responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets, so please buy a refundable ticket if you are coming from outside of Los Angeles.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.