San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
LearnLaunch is partnering with MassCUE (MA Computer Using Educators) to showcase cutting edge technologies developed by local ed tech entrepreneurs for use in K-12 classrooms. Come play with exciting new tools created in your backyard and speak to company founders, many of whom are former teachers. This is your chance to share your expertise with entrepreneurs, which will enable them to build tools you love. You can also see the latest tools to enhance your practice and student learning, and interact with like-minded educators.
Teachers who are also MassCUE members will receive 3 professional development credits for attending.
Not a MassCUE member? Thanks to a generous sponsor, all teachers who attend will have the opportunity to receive a complimentary one-year membership to MassCUE (a $35 value!)*. Membership benefits include reduced admission to MassCUE conferences and workshops throughout the year and a subscription to On Cue.
Coffee and a light breakfast will be provided. There is free parking as well.
Participating companies include:
- Balefire Labs: finding apps that help kids learn
- BrightLoop: tablet and web-based tool to make qualitative data actionable for teachers
- CareerVillage: advice students can trust, from real-life professionals
- Countdown: Common Core planning tool
- CueThink: peer to peer platform enabling math problem solving
- EdMod App: web-based tool to help teachers modify and differentiate for students with diverse needs
- edtrips: tool to plan and manage group travel
- Educanon: tools to flip your classroom and personalize instruction
- Gradeable: formative assessment and easy grading tool for teachers
- i4class: differentiated real-time homework support
- iGlobe: system for displaying real-time data and images on 3D surfaces
- JumpRope: an online standards-based gradebook
- Kaymbu: iPad-based documentation and media management solution for elementary schools
- Learning Games Network: games, tools and communities for a new generation of playful learning
- Listen Edition: public radio's finest stories for the classroom
- Monkey in the Middle Apps: educational apps for middle schoolers
- MyEdGPS: special ed navigation platform bridging schools and parents
- NarwhalEDU: combines online curricula with hardware kits to teach engineering
- Native Brain: technology that enables teachers to teach 1:1 even in a regular class of 20+ students
- Newsela: daily news articles publishes at 5 reading levels grades 3-12
- One Planet Education Network (OPEN): online multiplayer adventure learning games that inspire kids to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Outline Pro App: iPad and iPhone outliner and writing guide for students
- Panorama Education: helps schools conduct feedback surveys of students, parents and teachers
- Ponder: browser add-on that measures student reading behavior and provides reading response tools
- SchoolFuel: mobile learning platform
- Socrademy: personalized digital learning platform
- Socrative: smart student response system to engage students and empower teachers
- Storyboard That: world's best online storyboard creator
- Teachley: apps based on cognitive science research
- TenMarks: the smartest way for kids to practice and master math
- The Answer Pad: cloud-based enhanced student response system
- 30hands Learning: platform for online and blended learning and free digital storytelling app
- Track My Progress: tracks student progress on Common Core state standards
- Zulama: fun online classes for teens
About the Organizers:
LearnLaunch offers classes, peer group learning, conferences, networking opportunities and other educational services to individuals and organizations seeking to work with educators, students and families to enable the growth and success of the learning ecosystem. Learn Launch is a non-profit organization with the mission to increase learning by providing support for the creation and growth of education technology and learning companies in New England.
MassCUE is the Massachusetts affiliate of the International Society of Technology Education (ISTE) whose mission is to create, share and support visions of technology and learning that focus on uses of technology which enhance the educational environment.
*A free one-year membership will only be offered to teachers who are not currently MassCUE members.
When & Where
LearnLaunch Institute catalyzes a community that drives innovation to transform learning and increase achievement. Our education innovation ecosystem mobilizes educators, entrepreneurs, learners, investors, and industry affiliates. As a nonprofit, the Institute offers learning opportunities, supports services, and a school pilot network. We believe in expanding access to learning that is engaging, personalized, and effective. Edtech is a critical component of achieving this vision at scale. For more information, visit www.learnlaunch.org
LearnLaunch Institute is part of LearnLaunch, an organization dedicated to connecting, supporting, and growing greater Boston’s education technology ecosystem to drive innovation and transform learning.