Please participate in our hackathon in Berlin (Friday, June 1st to Sunday, June 3rd). We'll bring together Wikimedia's senior coders with new developers to collaborate and learn. All Wikimedia community developers (MediaWiki, bots, Toolserver, Gadgets, templates, and extension hackers + sysadmins) are invited to collaborate and share ideas.
This is a free event put on by Wikimedia Germany and the Wikimedia Foundation. Some financial subsidies are available, and we can help you get a visa to Germany; please note your needs when you register. If you need hotel or visa help, or sponsorship, please register by May 1st, and you'll receive a response within a week.
We'll work on:
- Gadgets 2.0: teaching and learning how to use ResourceLoader, refactoring gadgets to use RL
- Wikimedia Germany's Wikidata initiative and other structured data projects: making design decisions and building
- Lua scripting (for templates): teaching and learning Lua, overhauling some templates
Friday, June 1st: Intro & Mixer
5pm onwards: general hacking
Saturday, June 2nd: Workshops & Hacking
10am onwards: general hacking in the main room
- conference room, morning: hands-on tutorials
- conference room, afternoon: short presentations
Sunday, June 3rd: Some More Hacking & Showcase
10am till 5pm: general hacking
conference room, morning: hands-on tutorials
More details at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2012 .