Join New York Adventure Club for a private exploration through the historic John D. Rockefeller, Jr.-commissioned Riverside Church, the tallest church in the United States, which is modeled after the 13th Century gothic cathedral in Chartres, France.
Led by one of the church’s managers, our exclusive exploration through this Neo-Gothic masterpiece will include:
- A historical overview of the church, and the story behind its conception and construction
- A walkthrough of the incredible nave, which seats over 2,100 worshipers
- A peek inside hidden areas throughout the church, including secret outdoor balconies, the triforium, and private gardens
- A look at the narthex, which includes 16th-century Flemish windows, Tiffany lamps, and an original Heinrich Hofmann painting
- A trip to the 20th floor right underneath the famed bell tower to see New York City from one of its highest points
Click here to see pictures from one of our last visits to Riverside Church!