Actions and Detail Panel
Behind-the-Scenes @ Survival Systems USA, Water Survival Training Facility
Fri, April 21, 2017, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
Join New York Adventure Club for a behind-the-scenes visit to Survival Systems — whether it’s an aircraft ditched in coastal waters, vessel abandonment in the open ocean, or a motor vehicle submerged, Survival Systems teaches participants the skills needed to perform surface abandonment, underwater egress, and to survive in an inhospitable environment, land and sea, with limited resources until rescued.
Our special experience at the Groton, CT Training Center will include:
- An overview of Survival Systems and their post-incident survival training programs, frequently used by military and aviation teams.
- A visit to the indoor pool (Survival Training Simulation Theater) to see the Modular Egress Training Simulator (METS) in action, a life-size model of the cockpit and passenger area of a helicopter or small plane.
- A look at trainees practicing surface water survival exercises, including surface survival formations, hypothermia mitigation positions, and boarding / righting a life raft.
- A front row seat to Aviation Survival & Egress Training (ASET1), a program designed to provide anyone working or traveling on or over water with the knowledge and skills necessary to react appropriately to on-board emergencies, aircraft ditching emergencies, and to care for themselves in a sea survival situation.
*This ticket does not include transportation— please see below for more details.
- 8:45am — Meet at Penn Station to board our Amtrak train to New London, CT
- 11:30am — Arrive in New London, CT and take a 10 minutes cab ride to Survival Systems
- 12-4pm — Behind-the-scenes tour at Survival Systems
- 4:49pm — take train back to NYC
- 7:30pm — Arrive back in NYC!
Take the Northeast Regional Amtrak to New London, CT departing at 9:00am from Penn Station. The NY Adventure Club Brand Ambassador will be waiting in front of Friendly’s until 8:50am if you’d like to travel together.
Trains from New London depart for Penn Station at the following times: 4:49pm, 6:14pm
By attending a New York Adventure Club experience, you accept our terms of service.