Beginning Programming with Powershell (2 Day Class, be sure to get tickets for both days!!!) (Don't worry if you forget we'll still honor your ticket for the next day!)
What's this all about?!
PLEASE BRING A LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS AND POWERSHELL!!!
Have you ever wanted to learn how to code, but you don’t think you have enough knowledge to jump into a class? In this 2-day class we’re going to start from scratch and teach you everything you need to know to begin your coding career. We won’t be able to teach you everything, but by the time we’re finished, you’ll be able to understand the basic concepts, and do a lot more in code than you would expect. This course is for those who are completely new to coding and want to get started. It is not necessarily for those with coding experience, and just want to learn Powershell. If you have experience, you’re welcome to come because you will learn the basics of Powershell, but some of the beginning concepts may leave you answering work email.
In this course you will learn:
* Basic programming constructs and terms.
* Scripting languages vs. compiled languages.
* What variables are and when and how to use them.
* When and how to use interactive mode and scripts.
* How to use cmdlets to find information and perform work on your laptop or on servers.
* Basic error handling.
* How and when to use functions.
* How to write effective scripts.
* How to troubleshoot scripts.
* Connect to SQL to read/write data.
This course will go at a beginner’s pace. We are not looking to rush through the material; we’re looking to actually teach you how to code. Don’t waste this opportunity to learn how to code from the ground up.
FOOD AND DRINKS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED, THERE IS AN ONSITE CAFETERIA AND CAFE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE IT.