Our Beginning Farmers & Ranchers Program in Texas is open to beginning farmers/ranchers/land managers who have 10 years or less farming experience and want to learn how to holistically manage their business. Our ten-day course is taught over approximately 5 months, meeting for two days sessions. There will be time in class to network with others and get feedback on class assignments.
Participants will develop a draft business plan, a whole farm/ranch goal, as well as both financial and marketing plans while learning how to improve time management, leadership, and communication skills.
HMI is pleased to announce that the Beginning Farmers & Ranchers Program and many of our other courses qualify for FSA Borrower Training Credit. Find out More.
9:30am – 4:00pm each day
Session 1–November 9-10, 2016, Triple Cross Farm, Fruitvale, TX
Facilitated by Tracy Litle, CE; with Deborah Clark and Lauri Celella
- Improving Results on Farms & Ranches with Holistic Management
- Holistic Whole Farm Planning – Putting it into Practice
- Creating Healthy Land: Understanding the Four Ecosystem Processes
- Assessing Land Health & Productivity: Holistic Management Biological Monitoring
- Holistic Management Biological Monitoring: Croplands
Session 2 –December 7-8, 2016, Poetry, TX
Facilitated by CD Pounds, CE; with Lauren Bradbury
- A Holistic Approach to Time Management
- Creating Healthy Land: Tools for Managing Our Ecosystem
- Increasing Forage & Animal Productivity: Holistic Management Grazing Planning
Session 3 –January 11-12, 2017 The Nature Conservancy, Texas City, TX
Facilitated by Tracy Litle, CE; with Katherine Ottmers, CE
- Holistic Financial Planning: Planning for Financial Success
Session 4 – February 8-9, 2017, Adkins, TX
Facilitated by Katherine Ottmers, CE; with, Tracy Litle, CE; CD Pounds, CE; Deborah Clark and Doug Havemann
- Marketing & Business Planning for Small & Beginning Farmers & Ranchers
Session 5–March 8-9, 2017, Kerr Wildlife Mgmt. Area, Hunt, TX
Facilitated by Katherine Ottmers, CE and Peggy Sechrist, CE; with Tracy Litle, CE and Doug Havemann
- Creating the Farm/Ranch of Your Dreams: Holistic Management® Land Planning
- A Holistic Approach to Leadership & Communication Skills
Cancellations received before or within 7 days after the course begins will receive an 80% refund. No refunds will be given otherwise. This policy is required due to financial obligations incurred by HMI in planning these courses. We appreciate your understanding.
By registering for this series, you hereby consent and agree that HMI has the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of you and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, for HMI outreach and further consent that your name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary.
Save This Event
When & Where
Holistic Management International
Our mission is to educate people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities.
Our vision is a world where lands and communities flourish through the practice of Holistic Management, an internationally recognized regenerative agricultural practice.
- Helps family farmers/ranchers/pastoralists become more prosperous
- Helps strengthen local economies
- Improves local food quality
- Heals the environment
- Improves wildlife habitats
- Fosters community ties and preserves local culture