Learning programming basics through PencilCode, a programming language built specifically for children. In these classes, we get children excited about the wonders of coding.
General Learning Outcome
- Kids learns to think like a computer scientist via various interesting examples.
- Learn programming basics such as subroutines, sequences, loops & conditions
- Learn to think systematically, sequentially & logically
1. What is PencilCode
Students are introduced to the PencilCode Programming environment by creating account,
and trying out sample projects.
2. Lines, Angle, Circle and Polygon
Students familiarize themselves with the PencilCode interface by experimenting with thinking about patterns and controlling the movement of the drawing. (Basic Pattern Recognition and Algorithm Design)
3. Loops and Condition
Students are introduced to the concept of loops and logic condition. This allow them to understand basic code reuse and logic thinking. (Basic Decomposition and Algorithm Design)
4. Calling Subroutines
Students will learn to create subroutines and further code reuse for coding. This allow students to further think about patterns. (Decomposition and Pattern Recognition)
5. Subroutines with Parameters
Students will learn about passing parameters into subroutines as to close the gap of actual real life coding. (Basic Abstraction)