Beginner Tigrinya Classes
Schedule: Sundays 1.00pm – 3.00pm, Ongoing
Join an Interactive introductory language course teaching the basics of the Tigrinya language, commonly spoken in Eritrea and the Tigray region of Ethiopia. Currently there are over 6 million speakers of the language in the world.
• Informal tutoring program starting Apr 3rd. Class meets once a week on Sundays for two hours, available worksheets and practice materials will be provided.
• All levels of proficiency are welcomed to learn and/or assist in teaching.
• Located near the border of DC and PG county, MD. Short bus ride from Cheverly Metro station.
• Currently the only Tigrinya class offered in Washington D.C. for Young Adults & Professionals
• Socially engaging class setting that unites communities from DC/MD/VA
Eritrea is an African country located in the Sub-Saharan region near the Red Sea, bordering countries include Ethiopia, Sudan and Djibouti. Official languages include Tigrinya, Arabic and English. More notable concentrations of Eritrean communities within the U.S. are in Chicago, Sacramento, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Houston, Dallas and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
This is a great opportunity for those unfamiliar with the culture to be acquainted to a country with a rich and complex history and for those within the Eritrean community to strengthen the bond with their ancestors through the power of language. All individuals are welcomed.
Topics will include the following
- Alphabet & Pronunciations
- Numbers, Days, Holidays & Directions, Colors
- Common Phrases & Greetings
- Situational words and phrases; Office, Zoo, Home/Bathroom, Restaurant, etc.
- Pronouns & Adjectives
- Tie-in into Intermediate proficiency
Contact email@example.com or call 301-213-1665 for questions or comments
Share with friends