San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Open Water Swimming Clinic:
These special 1.5 - 2 hr hour clinics are designed to improve your open water swimming experience. Improve your confidence in the open water in just one session.
Who should attend?
These clinics are geared to triathletes who are new to open water swimming. Beginner swimmers will gain valuable tips designed to assist you in becoming a more efficent and more comfortable in the open water. Please note, this is not a learn to swim class. You must be able to swim as we will be out in the open water. It is highly recommended you can swim 500-750 yards straight in a pool without stopping.
What will be taught in this class?
- Open water sighting
- Breathing techniques
- Direction control
- Drafting in the water
- Race strategy
- Transitioning in and out of the water
- Mental tips to assist you feel more comfortable in the open water
- Swim suit and or wet suit (Wet suits are optional. The water temperature will vary from high 60's to high 70's)
- Light Colored Cap
- Locker rooms are available but you should bring your own lock
- Class will beging PROMPTLY at 7:30 am and will conclude by 9:30
- Parking can be limited so please car pool if possible
- We must exit the premises by 9:45
- No pets are allowed on the premise
- We are a swim at your own risk lake. A limited amount of safety swim aides will be made available during each class.
- There is no life guard on duty but we will have a safety kayaker available
- NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON
- These classes fill up every year. If you miss your class we will try to accomodate you but there are no guarentees of class admittance.
The Alfino's have been involved in the triathlon scene since the early 80's. They are both USAT certified tritahlon coaches and co-owners/founders of Mile High Multisport, LLC. They have managed the Grant Ranch swim venue since 2008. The Alfino's are 12 time Iroman finishers with Kathy qualifying for the Ironman World Championships on three seperate ocassions and placing 3rd in her age group in 2010. She was selected one of Colorado Sportswomen of the year in 2010 and 2011 and is a multiple USAT All American selection. Pete is a level II USAT certified coach and has succussfully coached athletes of all abilities from beginners to the Elite athletes. Pete completed the Big Shoulders Open Water 5k swim in 2012 and swam as part of a relay team across the Long Island Sound (15.5 miles) . He is a level 1 USA certfied swim coach and has taught masters swimming in the Denver area. You can read more about the Alfino's on the Mile High Multisport web page.
Grant Ranch/Bowles Reservoir
7255 Grant Ranch Boulevard
MILE HIGH MULTISPORT, LLC
Welcome to Mile High Multisport, LLC. Founded in 2004 by Peter and Kathy Alfino of Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Our goal is to deliver superior triathlon coaching services to multisport athletes regardless of age or ability. Our 40+ years of triathlon/multisport racing includes marathons, duathlons, mountain bikes, Xterra, sprint, Olympic, half Ironman and ten Ironman finishes. Our staff has successfully coached beginner triathletes to completion of their first races, as well as, elite athletes who have raced at the Triathlon World Championships. These experiences have given us a breadth of hands on knowledge to share with our athletes. As working parents of two active children, we realize that "HOW YOU TRAIN MAKES THE DIFFERENCE". Contact us today to discuss your coaching needs for the upcoming race season.