This course is a hands-on shooting experience. Students should have a working knowledge of their cameras. The course will give students a basic understanding of how to take macro photographs utilizing a number of tools and techniques. Students will come away with at least one print to be on display at Glazer’s Camera. Class is limited to 8 Students.
What to bring:
- Camera with Lens
- Cable release if equipped
- Charged Battery
- Memory Card
- What is Macro Photography?
- What is a Macro lens?
- What is minimum Focus distance?
- What are ratios and how does it affect the image?
Tools for Macro Photography
- Close-up filters/step-up rings
- What’s the right Macro Lens and Why?
- Reversing Rings
- Extension Tubes and exposure factors
- Shooting Tents
Take a Break
- Set up Basic macro shooting exercises
- Break class into partners of 2 and shoot
What’s Next - Intermediate Macro Class – Hands On Class
Instructor: Jeff Mitchell, Glazers Employee.
Glazer's is now offering a wide range of new classes for all levels of photographers! We are proud to provide our community with skills and techniques to improve the quality of their work and introduce them to undiscovered interests in photography!
Your input is always appreciated! Don't see a class you want to take? Suggest one here!
Due to our class schedule, we are unable to provide refunds within 48 hours of a planned class or event. If you need to cancel, please do so in a timely manner so we can better serve all of our students and instructors.