Beauty & Fashion Lighting Secrets w/ Nick Lovell
Beauty & Fashion Lighting Secrets
Nick Lovell, Beauty/Fashion Photographer and Manager of Video Production at Sony Pictures Interactive, shares his secrets for creating commercial Beauty and Fashion images. In this five hour seminar Nick explains and demonstrates types of lighting best suited to a variety of subjects and reveals the kinds of tips and tricks that you don't find in most books or photography classes.
Whether you're an aspiring fashion photographer, a portrait photographer looking to add competitive edge to your own work, or an amateur photographer who wants to take pictures like the pros do, this class is for you!
Nick will cover:
- Hard and soft light - when to use each and when to combine the two for "beauty" lighting
- How to light for different skin types and face shapes
- When you can break the "rules" of lighting, and when you need to obey them
- Studio tools used by the pros, and ways of using natural light to achieve similar results
- The importance of makeup and hair, and how your lighting choices affect your styling
- Retouching tools and techniques
During the seminar Nick will demonstrate creating a beauty photograph from start to finish, lighting a model, shooting her, then retouching the image live.
To view Nick's work, visit www.nicklovell.com.
Sat., Dec. 8th 11-4
Orange County Photography Center
590 W Central Ave
California Center for Photography & Digital Arts
"California Center for Photography & Digital Arts" as it's called by it's members and clients is a state of the art facility featuring plenty of room for photographic lectures and hands on classes. With several shooting areas, sets, props and all needed supplies, THE Center is the ultimate choice for your photographic education.