WHAT IS THIS CRAZY NONSENSE?
Beat The Blerch is a 10k, half marathon, and full marathon inspired by this comic about running. Organized by The Oatmeal, it’s your chance to figuratively (and literally), Beat The Blerch for the first time in the Midwest. Come join us!
- Matthew Inman, AKA The Oatmeal, will be there signing books as well as running the race.
- Scenic and shady course through beautiful Busse Woods Forest Preserve.
- Every participant gets a “Beat The Blerch 2016” tech shirt and medal.
- There will be large quantities of cake at every aid station, in addition to Nutella and magical grape beverages.
- There will be actual Blerches tempting and haranguing you throughout the race.
- Free race photos!
- Stellar swag bag with Blerch goodies.
- A percentage of the proceeds go to our non-profit partners.
WHEN? SATURDAY, October 1st
WHERE? CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
- Race location: The race starts and finishes at Busse Woods Forest Preserve near Grove 24, located near I-290 and Higgins Road in Elk Grove IL.
- Parking: Parking information will be provided as we get closer to the event. There will be limited parking at Busse Woods and shuttles provided from nearby parking. Plan on carpooling with some friends!
- Packet Pickup: This will be held on Friday, September 30th. Hours and location will be announced closer to the event. Packets will also be available for pickup on race morning at the park from 7:15 to 15 mintes prior to the start of each distance. You are allowed to pick up other runner's packets. Packets will not be mailed to participants prior to the event.
- Course: Runners will enjoy the beautiful, paved path around the park. The Full will be 2 laps of the half course.
- Aid Stations: They will be stocked with water, sport bars, magical grape flavored beverages, Nutella sandwiches, and birthday cake. Stations will be roughly every 2 miles.
- Gear Check: There is a free gear check for all participants to use. Just be sure to bring your own bag. Beat the Blerch is not responsible for any lost, missing or stolen items.
- Race Day Schedule:
- Packet Pickup: 7:00am to 8:50am
- Marathon Start: 8:00am
- Half Marathon Start: 9:00am
- 10k Start: 9:30am
- Race Course Closes: 3:00pm