Sales Ended

Be a Hero on Earth Day, April 22, 2018!

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Event description

Description

According to a 2015 report from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA), only 27% of air pollution comes from industry. The remaining 73% of air pollution comes from sources that consumers can control – including 24% from car and truck emissions. Reducing the number of single occupancy vehicles (SOVs) can have a big impact in improving air quality in the Twin Cities.

Join our panel of experts for this 30-minute webinar as we show what your organization can do to be a HERO on Earth Day.

Hero Tip #1: Promote Sustainable Transportation

Move Minneapolis will demystify transportation alternatives and help you to encourage commuters to take advantage of our region’s growing sustainable transportation options. Not only does sustainable transportation save consumers time and money, it benefits the environment as well.

Hero Tip #2 Set Up a Commuter Benefit Program

Employers can offer Metro Transit’s Metropass as a tax-free benefit or let employees pay the full monthly cost using pre-tax income. Unlike other benefits, these are not subject to complex reporting requirements. Employers also may qualify for a 30 percent state tax credit on the amount of employee transit expenses that your company subsidizes.

Hero Tip #3: Track Your Employees Telework Commuter Savings

eWorkPlace Minnesota will help you explore all the ways, small and great, to help your organization fulfill your corporate social responsibility (CSR) standards, by using the free eWorkPlace Commuter Calculator. You will be able to generate valuable reports to show your organization’s sustainability efforts both internally and in the community. You’ll also learn the key steps to implementing a telework program, and how to access valuable free resources to help you develop and rollout a robust initiative.

Date and Time

Save This Event

Event Saved