Come join us for a day of fun at Jim Conrad's Ranch in Julian on Saturday, June 10 at 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM PDT.
THIS EVENT IS FOR SAN DIEGO SCI MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS ONLY! If you are interested in joining the San Diego Chapter of SCI, please let us know and we will GLADLY accommodate!
We will have a target range set up primarily for pistols (any caliber) and .22 rifles. We have several self-resetting spinning types of targets as well as some clay pigeon target holders. So get out that old pistol that you haven’t shot in years, buy some ammo (while you still can) and come join the fun.
Yeah for the rain, because we will also have fishing! The pond has Florida Large Mouth Bass, Crappie, Bluegill and Catfish. If you wish to fish, you will need to bring your own rods, reels, tackle and bait (worms work well). We have a limited number of life vests but parents should plan to equip their small children with their own, if they plan to fish from a vessel or the bridge.
There will also be a gun drawing for a Uberti Silver Boy .22 Lever Action rifle.
The cost is $40 per person. Children 10 -18 and under are more than welcome and are $15 per person. Kids 10 and under are free!
It’s approximately a two-hour drive from San Diego to the ranch.
- Take Hwy. 78 to Santa Ysabel (via Ramona) and then head towards Julian.
- Go 5.8 miles to Pine Hills Road, turn right.
- Go 1.6 miles to Eagle Peak Road, it veers to the right.
- Go an additional 1.5 miles and stay to the right, on Eagle Peak Road, it becomes a dirt road.
- After an additional 6 miles you will see a large sign that says “NO HUNTING, FISHING, ETC.” and you will be able to see the ranch house, with a bridge over the pond. Don’t turn at the sign, but instead, go an additional .8 miles to the gate on the right hand side of the road and go through the gate. Follow the road past the 1st house, go over the dam and proceed to the second and largest house.
- The ranch is located at the ‘Mile 8’marker on Eagle Peak Road.
We look forward to seeing you!
Save This Event
When & Where
Safari Club International, San Diego Chapter
Safari Club International is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide.
That’s why SCI Members are active in more than 100 countries, and why you’ll cherish your involvement with SCI. SCI fights tirelessly to protect the hunting heritage enjoyed by 15 million Americans and 45 million families around the globe.
Together, we help every sportsman and sportswoman understand how and why SCI is truly “First for Hunters.” By joining SCI, you join the ranks of hunters spanning more than 100 countries who share the same passion for our hunting heritage and wildlife conservation as you.