San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for the Launch of Labs London 2013
What is it?
The Labs London launch is an opportunity to come meet the team behind Labs and gain some valuable insight into what the Labs programme has to offer digital media start-ups.
The event kicks off with an introduction to the scheme by Labs Programme Director Astrid Sandoval followed by a panel discussion on the value of programs such as business accelerators, incubators, and weekend start-up session moderated by Claude London, Digital Director for BBC Worldwide. It will also cover the opportunities BBC Worldwide Labs has provided the start-ups in the current program.
Plenty of time will be reserved for Q&A and networking after the discussion, so come prepared with your questions.
About the Panelists
- Simon Davies - Co-Founder of Yakatak, a current Labs participant
- Hamish Brocklebank - Co-Founder of Flooved, a current Labs participant
- Melissa Clark-Reynolds, Co-Founder of MiniMonos, a current Labs participant and WAYRA mentor.
- Ashley Stockwell - Academy Director, WAYRA
- Eze Vidra, Head of Google Campus and Board Member of Labs
Who should come?
This event is perfect for entrepreneurs, potential applicants, and those interested in the digital start-up scheme. The evening will shed a light on the personal experiences of the 2012 Labs start-ups and how the mentorship-based scheme enabled them to push their company further.
6.00 pm - Doors open
6.15 pm - Introduction to Labs
6.30 pm - Panel discussion begins
7.10 pm - Q & A with the panel
7.40 pm - Networking
8.00 pm - Event finishes