San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Program
for Landscape Maintenance
Concord, CA 2017
Give yourself a competitive edge by being a part of Bay-Friendly's dynamic approach to maintaining and managing healthy landscapes. This four-session training program is taught by leading experts in stormwater management, soil health, irrigation, plant care, integrated pest management, and more!
Classes meet the following dates and times in Concord (times subject to change slightly):
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
To become Bay-Friendly Qualified, program participants must attend all four classes and complete and pass a final practicum.
The course provides landscape maintenance professionals with:
- An understanding of Bay-Friendly’s ecologically based, comprehensive approach to the management of public and private landscapes
- Knowledge of the effects of landscape maintenance practices on the health of our communities, watersheds and the San Francisco Bay
- Knowledge of habitat restoration, local plant communities and the benefits to bio-diversity
- Hands-on experience with practical, effective techniques such as sheet mulching to transform lawns into Bay-Friendly landscapes
- An understanding of the global connections between soil health, waste management, water conservation, air and water quality, Green House Gas reductions, urban forestry and carbon sequestration
- A competitive advantage in the professional landscape maintenance marketplace
- A certificate of qualification and patch with the Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professional logo
- Graduates receive a two-year membership in the Bay-Friendly Qualified Professionals network, which includes free listing in the Bay Area-wide directory of Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professionals and use of the Bay-Friendly logo to promote your sustainable landscape expertise
If you have further questions about the course content, please contact us at info@ReScapeCA.org or visit our website.
PRESENTED BY RESCAPE CALIFORNIA and sponsored by the City of Concord:
Professional Training Policies and Procedures
By registering for this training, you agree to adhere to the following policies and procedures as set forth by the Bay-Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Coalition (ReScape California).
ReScape CA staff dedicates a lot of time, energy, attention and personalization in to each training session. Often spaces are limited and fill up quickly. Because of these factors, cancellations, missed sessions, and late arrivals are treated very seriously. The handling of a refund, transfer, substitution, or missed or late session is governed by the following:
ReScape CA offers 80% refunds for cancellations of registration more than 4 weeks prior to the start date of the training. No refund will be given for cancellation of registration less than 4 weeks prior to the start date of training. All cancellations must be done by email and received within the timeframe outlined above.
To avoid forfeiture of your registration fee, you may transfer your registration to a future training event one time within the same calendar year at no additional cost. You must notify our office of your intent to transfer your registration 1 week prior to the start date of the training.
To avoid forfeiture of your registration fee, you may request substitution of a qualified co-worker or colleague to take your place in the training up to 1 week prior to the start date. Substitution made within 1 week of, including on the start date of the training, will incur a $50 processing fee. No substitution will be permitted after the start date of the training.
MISSED SESSION MAKEUP
Graduation for the training as a Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional requires attendance at all sessions as well as successful completion of the homework and practicum. You may request makeup of 1 missed training session by notifying our office and paying a $50 processing fee. Upon payment of the processing fee, our office will instruct you on the next available training for making up the session missed. Upon makeup of the missed session, our office will issue your Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional credential.
Note – Makeup of only 1 session is permitted. Forfeiture of your full registration fee will result if more than 1 session is missed.
If you arrive late to a session more than half an hour after the start time, that session is treated as a missed session. You will be required to make-up the session as per the Missed Session Makeup Policy outlined above.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
By registering for this training, you agree that they will not hold ReScape CA, or its project partners, liable for any injuries they may receive while participating in the training, even if you believe that ReScape CA, or its partners, has been negligent in any manner or has breached any claimed agreement. By registering for this training you acknowledge that you are voluntarily assuming all risks of participation in any project and shall not hold ReScape CA, or its partners, responsible for any consequences of same.
USE OF PHOTOS
Registrants understand that photographs collected during the training may be used by ReScape CA, or its partners, on websites, brochures and other promotional materials.
You can send correspondence about any of these policies to info@ReScapeCA.org.
Save This Event
When & Where
ReScape California, also known as the Bay-Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Coalition, is an advocate and expert in the creation of sustainable landscapes for commercial, multi-family, and public spaces as well as single-family residences. Our primary goal is to lessen the impact of conventional landscape practices on the local environment by providing home gardeners, landscape professionals, and local governments with the knowledge and resources to create beautiful, healthy, and sustainable gardens, and landscapes.