Sales Have Ended
Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Program for Design of Sustainable Civic/Commercial Landscapes 2016
Focused on civic and commercial projects, this three-session training program is taught by leading experts in stormwater management, soil health, irrigation, plant selection, and more.
Classes meet the following dates and times (time subject to change slightly):
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Thursday, October 6, 2016 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Friday, October 7, 2016 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
This Design Training program provides landscape design professionals with:
- Understanding of Bay-Friendly as an ecologically based, comprehensive approach to the design of landscapes
- Technical information and resources to create Bay-Friendly plans, specifications and details
- Hands-on experience with practical, effective construction practices, such as using sheet mulching to remove turf or control weeds
- Information on Bay-Friendly tools and resources
- A competitive advantage in the professional landscape design marketplace
- A certificate of qualification with the Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional logo
- Free Listing in the Bay Area-wide directory of Bay-Friendly Qualified Professionals
- Use of the Bay-Friendly logo to promote your expertise in sustainable landscape designs
If you have further questions about the course content, please contact us at info@ReScapeCA.org or visit our website.
To enroll in the Design Training & Qualification course, you must meet these requirements:
- Two or more years of professional experience as a Landscape Designer, with direct responsibility for the design of landscapes, including plan development and drafting, materials specification, plant selection and project management
- An Associate's Degree in landscape architecture or landscape design may substitute for one year of professional experience
- A Bachelor's Degree or greater in landscape architecture or landscape design may substitute for two years of professional experience
Additional requirements for this Civic/Commercial Design training:
- Two or more years of professional experience in medium-large civic/commercial landscape design, construction or planning
Contractors, city/county planners and managers of capital improvements are highly recommended to take this training.
If you are unsure whether you are eligible, please contact us at info@ReScapeCA.org before you register. Registrants are screened for eligibility after registering so you may be asked to cancel your registration. Refunds will be given appropriately.
PRESENTED BY RESCAPE CALIFORNIA and sponsored by StopWaste with funding from the State of California’s Proposition 84–Safe Drinking Water Bond Act
Professional Training Policies and Procedures
ReScape CA staff dedicates a lot of time, energy, attention and personalization in to each training session. Often spaces are limited and fill up quickly. Because of these factors, cancellations, missed sessions, and late arrivals are treated very seriously. The handling of a refund, transfer, substitution, or missed or late session is governed by the following:
ReScape CA offers 80% refunds for cancellations of registration more than 4 weeks prior to the start date of the training. No refund will be given for cancellation of registration less than 4 weeks prior to the start date of training. All cancellations must be done by email and received within the timeframe outlined above.
To avoid forfeiture of your registration fee, you may transfer your registration to a future training event one time within the same calendar year at no additional cost. You must notify our office of your intent to transfer your registration 1 week prior to the start date of the training.
To avoid forfeiture of your registration fee, you may request substitution of a qualified co-worker or colleague to take your place in the training up to 1 week prior to the start date. Substitution made within 1 week of, including on the start date of the training, will incur a $50 processing fee. No substitution will be permitted after the start date of the training.
MISSED SESSION MAKEUP
Graduation for the training as a Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional requires attendance at all sessions as well as successful completion of the homework and practicum. You may request makeup of 1 missed training session by notifying our office and paying a $50 processing fee. Upon payment of the processing fee, our office will instruct you on the next available training for making up the session missed. Upon makeup of the missed session, our office will issue your Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional credential.
Note – Makeup of only 1 session is permitted. Forfeiture of your full registration fee will result if more than 1 session is missed.
If you arrive late to a session more than half an hour after the start time, that session is treated as a missed session. You will be required to make-up the session as per the Missed Session Makeup Policy outlined above.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
By registering for this training, you agree that they will not hold ReScape CA, or its project partners, liable for any injuries they may receive while participating in the training, even if you believe that ReScape CA, or its partners, has been negligent in any manner or has breached any claimed agreement. By registering for this training you acknowledge that you are voluntarily assuming all risks of participation in any project and shall not hold ReScape CA, or its partners, responsible for any consequences of same.
USE OF PHOTOS
Registrants understand that photographs collected during the training may be used by ReScape CA, or its partners, on websites, brochures and other promotional materials.
You can send correspondence about any of these policies to info@ReScapeCA.org.