The Bay City Chalk Walk has become an annual event that is held on the First Thursday of every June, in conjunction with 1st Thursdays Gallery Walk. It is an Arts Awareness event that promotes community involvement through street chalk art. A large event with street chalk art competitions, live music and street performers. This year’s Chalk Walk is the opening event to the Bay City Riverside Art Festival weekend, an event that draws thousands of people to Bay City, MI.
Sign up above as an artist in this years Chalk Walk for a chance to compete for several top prizes:
1st place: $400
2nd place: $200
3rd place: $100
Artists must be 16 years of age or older to participate in the judged competition.
- Event Date: June 7th, 2012
- Artist can start on their chalk pieces as early as 9:00 am
- Some chalk will be provided on a first come first serve basis
- Please bring your registration receipt with you when you arrive and check in at Golden Gallery (see map)
- Judging will be at around 6:00 pm, all chalk pieces must be finish by then.
If you or anyone you know, are interested in donating towards this years Chalk Walk:
This year we are looking for funding to make the event even larger and to offer larger prize money for the chalk competition so the we can attract a wider talent pool.
Please consider donating what ever you can afford to help grow this event into a real community showcase for the Bay area.
See our kickstarter page to donate: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/256726024/bay-city-chalk-walk-june-7th-2012
Please help us promote this and our kickstarter.com page.
Also find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/112835655507938/