Actions and Detail Panel
Bay Area Transportation Forum 2017
Fri, March 31, 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
The City of Hamilton and the City of Burlington invite you to the 2017 Bay Area Transportation Forum taking place Friday March 31st, 2017 from 8:30am-4:30pm at the Art Gallery of Hamilton.
Please register here to confirm your attendance. A limited number of early bird tickets are available – get your tickets today!
The forum will be an engaging and interactive series of presentations and workshops that explore Creating Connected and Integrated Communities. While the focus will be on Hamilton and Burlington a broader view on sustainable mobility and transit will also be covered through the presentations and workshops.
Five key themes, developed in consultation with past forum attendees and stakeholder groups, will be the focus of this forum:
- Improved transportation connectivity between Burlington and Hamilton
- Transportation Demand Management (TDM) and network design
- Re-prioritizing streets for active transportation, transit and health
- Building ridership, accessibility and inclusivity in transportation
Distinguished industry leaders will present perspectives, research and emerging issues on these themes. This will lead to tangible outcomes that the Cities of Hamilton and Burlington can use in their future planning and infrastructure development. Emphasis will be placed on practical and measurable results throughout the day. Our current list of speakers includes:
- Mayor Fred Eisenberger, City of Hamilton
- Mayor Rick Goldring, City of Burlington
- Chris Murray, City Manager, City of Hamilton
- Mary Lou Tanner, City of Burlington
- Paul Johnson, Director of LRTO Project Co-ordination, City of Hamilton
- Becky Upfold, Manager of Smart Commute, Metrolinx
- Vito Tolone, Director of Transportation Services, City of Burlington
- Barbara Grey, General Manager, Transportation Services, City of Toronto
- Johan Diepens, CEO and Founder of Mobycon, the Netherlands
Breakfast, lunch, snacks and refreshments are included in the conference registration fee. We look forward to another year of engaging discussion and actionable outcomes. See you there!
Please note there are pay-what-you-can registration fee options available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this applies to you.