Bawdy Storytelling's 'No Holds Barred' (LA)
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
Online Ticket Sales will end at 5:30 PM online today - Tickets will be available at the door for $15
- Million-selling Sex Ed Producer Ernest Greene
- Writer, speaker and sex-positive activist, Lady Cheeky
-Adult Entertainment Guru Barbie Davenporte
- Music by Holiday Hadley
- And *YOU*! This event is part Bawdy Storytelling, part BawdySlam where you compete for prizes and the Title of Dirtiest Storyteller in LA!
- Giveaways from Big Teaze Toys
- Remember: Doors at 7:30, Stories at 8:30!
For the past six years, Bawdy Storytelling has been entertaining, educating, and erectifying™ audiences around the country. Known as "The Moth for Pervs," and "The Raunchiest show you'll ever see in which everyone keeps their clothes on...," Bawdy features Real people and Sexual Rockstars sharing their honest and awesome sexual exploits in 10 minutes or less – we’re talking no scripts, no nets, and no filters. Hostess/Curator Dixie De La Tour revels in bringing the unexpected, hilarious and transcendent to the stage, so join her and some surprising local heroes for a Wednesday night that’s sure to spur you to make that shared taxi more than just a ride home.
On April 24th, Bawdy Storytelling, join us at the gorgeous El Cid in Silver Lake for ‘No Holds Barred,’ (known as 'No Holes Barred' to our close friends)... but whatever you call it, we're talking about making your own rules in, out, and around the sheets. Bawdy’s true tales of carnal wins and epic fails never fail to sinspire™ people to create a few new stories of their own after the show – and when you do, contact Dixie to share it. Our aim: we want YOU on our stage. Telling your story will change your life!
- Writer, speaker and sex-positive activist, Lady Cheeky’s (Elle Chase) unique taste in sensual images and commitment to body- positive and integrative sensuality, speaks to a wide breadth of age groups across all gender, socio-economic, geographic and educational platforms.Lady Cheeky curates popular feminist, sensual images blog www.LadyCheeky.com which focuses on depicting real desire and passion with a strong emphasis toward positive body image and is proud to have “the most viewed sensual images blog on Tumblr with over 40k followers.” On her sister site, http://www.SmutForSmarties.com, Lady Cheeky created a blog where readers can enjoy a wide breadth of articles and original erotica with a feminist, sex and body positive perspective. Both Lady Cheeky branded websites have been included in many top sex blogs lists from Get Lusty’s Top 10 Sex Blogs to Between My Sheet Top 100 Sex Blogs of 2012.
As a writer, Lady Cheeky is a regular contributor to the online magazine www.EvolvedWorld.com and has been featured on The Frisky, Fleshbot, TheRumpus, Corset Magazine, and Rachel Kramer Bussel’s erotica anthology “The Big Book of Orgasms: 69 Sexy Stories” Most recently, Lady Cheeky was interviewed for Sheona McDonald’s CBC documentary on women, pornography and technology slated for a 2014 release.
-Educated and emphatic with extensive experience in the journalism and adult entertainment industries, Barbie Davenporte has seen it all -- and done some of it. Having laughed from her mistakes and learned from her triumphs, she now devotes her work to inspiring, educating and opening the minds of the masses one raised eyebrow at a time.
- I.S. Levine has nearly forty year’s experience working in virtually every type of mass media, beginning with his first publication in Esquire at the age of fifteen in 1969. He was a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist for several years following, After stints as a free-lance journalist in New York and San Francisco, Levine moved to London, England to work as a staff screenwriter for producer Dino DiLaurentiis before settling in Los Angeles to pursue his career as an independent screenwriter. Between scripting projects, Levine continued to write for print, co-authoring Coming Attractions, the Making of an X-Rated Video with Dr. Robert Stoller (Yale University Press, 1989). His work has also been published in Rolling Stone, Details and Harpers. He shares co-author credit with his spouse, Nina Hartley on Nina Hartley’s Guide to Total Sex (2006), from Avery Press, a division of USA Penguin Group. Since 1985, Levine has concentrated his efforts mainly in adult entertainment ventures, serving as Executive Editor of the best-selling adult magazine Hustler’s Taboo since 1999 and most recently as Chief Associate Editor for Hustler’s All-Sex issues. Under the stage name Ernest Greene, he has participated in the production of adult video for two decades as a performer, writer, director and producer. His body of work comprises over five hundred titles, including AVN award winners Strictly for Pleasure, Mask of Innocence, Tristan Taormino’s Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women and Jenna Loves Pain. With his wife, Nina Hartley, he has served as producer and director of the Nina Hartley’s Guide series of adult sex education programs for video market leader Adam&Eve Pictures. The series has sold over three quarters of a million videos to date and now comprises forty titles. His own erotic features for Adam&Eve, O – The Power of Submission and Surrender of O, made between 2006 and 2008, have thus far seen sales nearing 100,000 units, making them among the biggest selling titles of that period. Levine is particularly well known for his groundbreaking approach to the presentation of unconventional sexuality related to consensual domination and submission. He has been active in the BDSM community for nearly thirty years, conducting workshops and seminars and serving as an officer of community groups. His activism also extends to the world of adult video production, where he held the position of chairman of the board of directors of The Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation (AIM) for seven years and to his commentaries on the adult industry Blog for Pro-Porn Activism.
- Our musical guest Holiday Hadley is a charismatic LA based singer-songwriter and pop siren. “Her willowy, sultry appear evokes Michelle Pfeiffer in “The Fabulous Baker Boys,” with rock-tinged chops that should have fans begging for more.” (LA Times). Her debut album “Beachwood Canyon” was released in 2012.
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com