Bawdy Storytelling's 'Dirty Little Secret' (LA)
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 from 8:30 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
- Award-winning Sex Educator/Globetrotting Artist Midori
- Lifestyle Dominant/Author/Hopeless Romantic Orpheus Black
- GirlSex 101 Author & Lesbian Wolverine Allison Moon
- SuperHero Sex & Relationship Expert Reid Mihalko
- Music by MC Crumbsnatcher
- Story Enticements by Daedalus Publishing / Grand Prize Package from JT's Stockroom
Wednesday, September 25th, 2013
Remember: Doors at 7:30, Stories at 8:30!
at: the Infamous El Cid
4212 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029
$12 in Advance / $15 at the Door
We’ve all done it: awakened with a cringe, worried that our Dirty Little Secret was public knowledge. And when your cloak-and-dagger kink is finally out there, nothing feels better: embracing your inner pervert and letting your freak flag fly feels AWESOME.
Join Bawdy Storytelling – the express train that always goes *downtown* – as we invite sex-positive rockstars to expose themselves in a new and exciting way. We’ll save lots of room for audience secrets, so please consider spilling your own beans (so to speak) if the moment strikes. It’s an evening of real stories from real people with no judgments, lots of laughter, and a communal, undying appreciation for the private made public. Come ON – You know you wanna know!
- Award-winning Sex Educator & Globetrotting Artist Midori
Winner of 2013 Best Sex Educator, Best of San Francisco, by SF Weekly Magazine!
Don’t miss her LA classes. Tix sold online only.
9/29 11am – 1:30pm “Hands-on Rope Bondage” http://planetmidori.ticketleap.com/larope/
9/29 6:30pm – 9pm “Aural Sex: Irresistible Voice & Sexy Talk” http://planetmidori.ticketleap.com/laaural/
Sexuality educator, author and artist based in San Francisco, Midori’s made an improbable career out of being the traveling coach on the art of creative and sensual living.
Dubbed “the super nova of kink” by Dan Savage, Midori is known for her hilarious and practical classes on enhancing sexual fulfillment, boosting confidence and expanding personal growth. Native of Tokyo, Japan, she brings a unique perspective pleasure and authentic living.
She wrote the first English language book on Shibari with “Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage”
the hot essays in “Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink” and twisted dark science fiction in “Master Han’s Daughter” . In 2001 she founded Rope Bondage Dojo® . She has trained many cadres and leads many Dojos each year. She also created ForteFemme , a unique women’s dominance weekend training and empowerment intensive.
Recently she’s joined forces with Laura Antoniou in Passionate Bonds , a weekend intensive on creating effective and meaningful D/s M/s protocol and etiquette.
2013 Winner, Best Sex Educator in Best of San Francisco by SF Weekly Magazine.
She creates provocative and haunting art installations and performances, seen in venues as far flung as Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (San Francisco) and Tanzquartier Wien (Vienna) She’s been long active in HIV fundraising through AIDS LifeCycle
Also find her at:
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Vine: PlanetMidori
AIDS/LifeCycle Fundraising: http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/midori
- Orpheus Black, BDSM/fetish educator, professional Dom, and alternative lifestyle speaker became a household name in the kink community after co-hosting the Severe Society internet radio show on the KSEX network in 2001. Incorporating a wide array of BDSM/fetish ideals, principles and philosophies, Orpheus created his signature D/s style—a holistic, psycho-sensuous approach to dominance. When not performing or educating, he hones his skills in performances at local hotspots including Bar Sinister and Lair de Sade. Hundreds of public performances, educational demonstrations, and private sessions later, Orpheus has become one of Hollywood’s most respected Doms and most innovative fire fetish performance artists. A favorite interviewee and contributor, he has lent his expertise on Playboy’s XM Radio show and Love, Sex and Hip Hop as well as other shows, magazines, and films. He is also a regular presenter at DomConLA and the founder of Cirque de Sade—a high profile Dominants group whose mission is to advance the art of BDSM through a commitment to innovation, excellence, and active leadership in the D/s, Ms and fetish performance art communities. When not teaching, counseling or performing, Orpheus can be found enjoying his 17-year polyfidelitous, polyamorous relationship.
- Allison Moon is the author of the Tales of the Pack series about lesbian werewolves. She's also a sex educator who has presented workshops to thousands of people around the US and Canada. She's currently Kickstarting her new book about queer girl sex, called Girl Sex 101: http://bitly.com/girlsex101
- Sex and relationship expert Reid Mihalko teaches adults how to create more self-esteem, self-confidence and greater health and satisfaction in and out of the bedroom. Reid is a sought after speaker who lectures at colleges across the country and has presented and keynoted at dozens of conferences on relationships and sexuality. The workshops he’s designed continue to be taught all over the world and have been attended by over 40,000 people. Reid has appeared on CBS’ The Doctors, Oprah’s Our America with Lisa Ling on OWN, Bravo’s Miss Advised, the Emmy award-winning talk show Montel, Fox News, VH1, Showtime’s Penn & Teller’s Bulls**t!, on NPR, Sirius’ Maxim Radio and Cosmo Radio, and in Marie Claire, GQ, Details, Seventeen, People, Newsweek, The Washington Post and The National Enquirer, as well as media across the globe in twenty-seven countries and at least fourteen languages.
- MC Crumbsnatcher is a Los Angeles based performer who has been hailed as “The filthiest gay rapper in the world.” Since the release of his first solo album, “All You Faggots Can Suck My Dick!” (available on iTunes) he has been working on a four part video series which incorporates furries, S & M, twinks, and a love story between a boy and his penguin. He has played packed shows all over the country, most notably at SF Pride, Peaches Christ and Sam Sharkey’s SF Underground Short Film Festival, Afterglow, Homo a gogo, The Supper Club, The Mitchell Bros O’Farrell Theatre, and dive bars, sex parties, and the like all over California. His onstage antics are not to be missed!
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com