NOTE: Online ticket sales end at 5:30 PM day of show. Any remaining tickets will be sold at the door.
- Sex Educator & Porn Icon Nina Hartley
- Fleshbot’s Senior Erotic Consultant Gram Ponante
- Million-selling Sex Ed Producer Ernest Greene
- Music by The Turgidaires
- & *YOU*! This event is part curated show, Part BawdySlam where the audience competes for sexy prizes & the Title of Dirtiest Storyteller in Los Angeles!
Remember: Doors at 7:30, Stories at 8:30!
Tickets $15 at the Door
Story 'enticements' from Daedalus Publishing http://www.daedaluspublishing.com/
Grand Prize Package from The Stockroom! http://www.stockroom.com/
They say that it only takes one couple dancing to get the ball rolling on the dance floor – but what gets things jumping in the bedroom? For some, it's booze & little blue pills or the allure of the cuddle puddle, for others it’s….? On July 24th, Bawdy brings you 3 rockstar storytellers who’ll let it all hang out to get our party started – and then YOU can share your own inspired indiscretions live on the El Cid stage while competing for sexy prizes and the title of the Dirtiest Storyteller in LA.
Carnal Chronicler Dixie De La Tour is bringing her infamous true dirty storytelling show back to Los Angeles, and this month, we honor the sparkplugs, stimulants, and those alluring free spirits who incite sexual activity. Bawdy Storytelling promises you a Wednesday night chock full of true-ly shocking adventures - told live and without notes from the libertines who lived ‘em!
The historic El Cid is a treasured Silver Lake Landmark. Now it's under new management and has a spanking new menu (and tapas sounds like topless, so there's that). Bawdy's shows sell out fast in both SF and LA, so get your tickets NOW - we want you there!
- Nina Hartley is a pioneering feminist worker, using her body in the service of promoting a sexually sane and literate society. She is thrilled to see a new generation of sex-positive performer/activists take its space and spread the good news about sex. For the past thirty years her rock-solid commitment to the importance of sexual autonomy has fueled Nina Hartley’s career in adult entertainment. As a performer, director, writer, educator, public speaker, and feminist thinker for all, no matter their orientation, she’s traveled the world to deliver her message. She believes that sexual freedom is a fundamental human right and welcomes the new social media opportunities for spreading her message of knowledge and empowerment to the widest number of people. She’s the author of, “Nina Hartley’s Guide to Total Sex,” from Avery Press. Putting to use her B.S. degree in nursing, she and her husband, I.S. Levine, have produced the million-selling sex-ed video series collectively known as “The Nina Hartley Guides,” from Adam & Eve, currently in its 38th episode. Still active in front of the camera, she and her husband live in Los Angeles.
- Gram Ponante has been America’s Beloved Porn Journalist for most of this century, providing much-needed insight on the adult industry in the San Fernando Valley—the region’s greatest natural resource—at GramPonante.com, Fleshbot, Hustler, and dozens of classy magazines for Gentlemen and discerning Ladies. His “A Porn Valley Odyssey: Making The Facts of Life XXX” is a betterselling Amazon eBook.
- Since 1985, I.S. Levine (stage name Ernest Greene) has concentrated his efforts mainly in adult entertainment ventures, serving as Executive Editor of the best-selling adult magazine Hustler’s Taboo since 1999 and most recently as Chief Associate Editor for Hustler’s All-Sex issues. Under the stage name Ernest Greene, he has participated in the production of adult video for two decades as a performer, writer, director and producer. His body of work comprises over five hundred titles, including AVN award winners Strictly for Pleasure, Mask of Innocence, Tristan Taormino’s Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women and Jenna Loves Pain. With his wife, Nina Hartley, he has served as producer and director of the Nina Hartley’s Guide series of adult sex education programs for video market leader Adam&Eve Pictures. The series has sold over three quarters of a million videos to date and now comprises forty titles. His own erotic features for Adam&Eve, O – The Power of Submission and Surrender of O, made between 2006 and 2008, have thus far seen sales nearing 100,000 units, making them among the biggest selling titles of that period. Levine is particularly well known for his groundbreaking approach to the presentation of unconventional sexuality related to consensual domination and submission. He has been active in the BDSM community for nearly thirty years, conducting workshops and seminars and serving as an officer of community groups. His activism also extends to the world of adult video production, where he held the position of chairman of the board of directors of The Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation (AIM) for seven years and to his commentaries on the adult industry Blog for Pro-Porn Activism.
- Formed in 2013 for the express purpose of performing at Bawdy Storytelling, THE TURGIDAIRES are Marty Barrett, Mrs. Hobbs, and Kesh, who perform a distinctive blend of Come-Hither Folk, which they invented.
"The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Adventures
"Dixie De La Tour's over-the-top scandalous, sexy Bawdy Storytelling series..." - San Francisco Bay Guardian
Winner of the SF Weekly's 2013 Best of San Francisco & SF Bay Guardian's Best of the Bay Awards
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com