San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
*Seattle-ites: SPREAD THE WORD! This is our very First Bawdy Storytelling in Seattle. Let's make sure the original sex+storytelling show becomes a regular thing in your Beautiful City!*
- Savage Love /It Gets Better's Dan Savage
- International Artist & Sexuality Educator Midori
- The Wet Spots musician John Woods
- 'The Golden Retriever on Espresso of Sex Ed' Reid Mihalko
- The Center for Sex Positive Culture's Allena Gabosch
- 'Shameless' author Pamela Madsen
- Music by Rachel Lark
- Giveaways from Wet Personal Lubricants
- Sexy cocktails (Schlong Island Iced Tea, anyone?)
- & Bang-O, Bawdy's uniquely pervy audience participation game. Connect!
Bawdy Storytelling - the Original Sex + Storytelling series - features Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits Live Onstage; think of us as a One Night Stand with the Moth & Savage Love. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of Authors, Porn Stars, Sex Educators, Comics & More, along with Regular Joes just like you who submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (Mis)Adventure.
Bawdy Storytelling features tales of Carnal Wins & Epic Fails with No Scripts, No Nets, and No Holds Barred. These folks aren't reading from cue cards: this is honest-to-badness story time with true sexcapades and poignant, transformational tales at each and every show. Join Sexual Folklorist Dixie De La Tour, Sexuality Rockstars like Dan Savage, Midori & many more as they share their own stories of Love, Lust, and making you feel funny in your bathing suit area. Hey, you may even go home with a few new tricks for your boudoir arsenal!
* Line-up subject to change
* No refunds or exchanges
* General Admission seating is limited. Doors open at 7 PM; we recommend you arrive by 7:15 for good seating
- Dan Savage is a writer, TV personality, and activist best known for his political and social commentary, as well as his honest approach to sex, love and relationships. Savage’s sex advice column, “Savage Love,” is syndicated in newspapers and websites throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. He is the Editorial Director of The Stranger, Seattle’s weekly alternative newspaper, and his writing has appeared in publications including The New York Times, The New York Times Magazine, GQ, Rolling Stone, The Onion, and on Salon.com.
As an author, Savage’s books include: American Savage: Insights, Slights and Fights on Faith, Sex, Love, and Politics; Savage Love; The Kid: What Happened When My Boyfriend and I Decided to Get Pregnant (PEN West Award for Creative Nonfiction, Lambda Literary Award for Nonfiction); Skipping Towards Gomorrah: The Seven Deadly Sins and the Pursuit of Happiness in America; The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage and My Family, and co-author of How to be a Person.
In addition to his appearances on CNN, MSNBC, and The Colbert Report, Savage is a contributor to Ira Glass’s This American Life, and has appeared on NPR’s Fresh Air with Terry Gross, HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher, and ABC’s 20/20. Savage is a frequent and popular speaker on college campuses across the United States and Canada.
In September 2010, Savage and his husband Terry Miller created a YouTube video to inspire hope for LGBT young people facing harassment. In response to a number of students taking their own lives, Savage and Miller wanted to create a personal message to let LGBT youth know that “it gets better”. Today, the It Gets Better Project (www.itgetsbetter.org) has become a global movement, inspiring more than 50,000 It Gets Better videos viewed over 50 million times. The It Gets Better book, co-edited by Savage and Miller, was published in March 2011, and two It Gets Better, documentary specials have aired on MTV. In 2012 the It Gets Better Project received the Governors Award Emmy from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- Award-winning Sex Educator & Globetrotting Artist Midori has made an improbable career out of being the traveling coach on the art of creative and sensual living. Dubbed “the super nova of kink” by Dan Savage, Midori is known for her hilarious and practical classes on enhancing sexual fulfillment, boosting confidence and expanding personal growth. Native of Tokyo, Japan, she brings a unique perspective pleasure and authentic living. She wrote the first English language book on Shibari with “Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage” the hot essays in “Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink” and twisted dark science fiction in “Master Han’s Daughter” . In 2001 she founded Rope Bondage Dojo® . She has trained many cadres and leads many Dojos each year. She also created ForteFemme, a unique women’s dominance weekend training and empowerment intensive. Recently she’s joined forces with Laura Antoniou in Passionate Bonds , a weekend intensive on creating effective and meaningful D/s M/s protocol and etiquette. She won SF Weekly’s Best Sex Educator for 2013. Midori creates provocative and haunting art installations and performances, seen in venues as far flung as Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (San Francisco) and Tanzquartier Wien (Vienna) She’s been long active in HIV fundraising through AIDS LifeCycle – FInd her at URL: www.FHP-inc.com
& her AIDS/LifeCycle Fundraising is at: http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/midori
- ‘Savage Love meets Schoolhouse Rock’ singer-songwriter John Woods (of the Internationally acclaimed cabaret duo The Wet Spots) writes the most elegant songs about sex that you will ever hear. With his wife Cass, the pair presents an image that is vaudevillian, oversexed, and weirdly Canadian: Think sex club by way of Monty Python. Using a lively blend of original songs, audience interaction, spankings and singalongs, The Wet Spots draw their fans into a world where the libido is celebrated and satirized.
- Sex and relationship expert Reid Mihalko teaches adults how to create more self-esteem, self-confidence and greater health and satisfaction in and out of the bedroom. Reid is a sought after speaker who lectures at colleges across the country and has presented and keynoted at dozens of conferences on relationships and sexuality. The workshops he’s designed continue to be taught all over the world and have been attended by over 40,000 people. Reid has appeared on CBS’ The Doctors, Oprah’s Our America with Lisa Ling on OWN, Bravo’s Miss Advised, the Emmy award-winning talk show Montel, Fox News, VH1, Showtime’s Penn & Teller’s Bulls**t!, on NPR, Sirius’ Maxim Radio and Cosmo Radio, and in Marie Claire, GQ, Details, Seventeen, People, Newsweek, The Washington Post and The National Enquirer, as well as media across the globe in twenty-seven countries and at least fourteen languages. His website is reidaboutsex.com, and you can follow Reid on Twitter at @ReidAboutSex or stalk him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ReidAboutSex
- Allena Gabosch, Executive Director of the Center For Sex Positive Culture (www.thecspc.org) and the Foundation for Sex Positive Culture (www.thefspc.org) has been active in the sex positive movement practically from its beginning; producing educational and social events for the sex-positive community since 1990. She speaks on many sex-positive subjects at colleges and conferences, with an emphasis on BDSM and Polyamory. She is the Producer of the Seattle Erotic Art Festival (www.seattleerotic.org) In her less than mundane non-kinky life she loves good food(especially bacon), politics , Seattle and is a former commissioner with the Seattle LGBT Commission. She is a kinky bisexual, polyamorous switch and considers herself extremely blessed with many amazing and loving people in her "polycule"
- If you ever dreamed of becoming a real life sex goddess, Pamela Madsen will show you the way. She is the living, breathing embodiment of the power of pleasure to transform one's life. Author of “Shameless: How I Ditched The Diet, Got Naked, Found True Pleasure And Somehow Got Home in Time to Cook Dinner” (Rodale 2011), Pamela has emerged as a leading sexuality coach and Co-Founder of “Back to the Body: Sensuous Retreats For Women”. Pamela speaks directly to women whether it's on her blog “Shameless Women” on Psychology Today with close to two million readers, or through media appearances on outlets such as The Today Show, Oprah, and 60 Minutes. Pamela may speak directly to women, her message is for all. And that message is about the necessity of accepting sexuality and desire—regardless of their expression---as fundamental to our well-being. She is introducing the unheard of possibility of working with Sexological Bodyworkers, Sacred Intimates as a path to healing the psychological and emotional damage most women sustain around body image, suppressed libido and unfulfilled marriages. Pamela is the founding Executive Director of The American Fertility Association. She has been one of the leading voices in the fight to secure full reproductive rights for everyone, regardless of marital status or sexual preference. You can find Pamela on her websites: www.PamelaMadsen.org , www.backtothebody.org @PamelaMadsen and https://www.facebook.com/pamelalmadsen
- Rachel Lark is a multi-instrumentalist rock star. Also known as “that girl with the toy piano” and “this crazy chick who plays drums backwards,” Lark has been stunning audiences throughout the bay with her special blend of unique arrangements and deadly songwriting. She also doubles as half of the dream pop duo, Snow Angel, and the lead singer for local prog-rockers, Antioquia. Check her out at larksongs.com
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex + Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
“Dixie De La Tour’s scandalous, over-the-top Bawdy Storytelling series” – SF Weekly
Winner of the SF Weekly’s Best of San Francisco, the LA Weekly’s Best Of Los
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com