The Soup Project
Originating in Detroit, Bath Soup Project is a crowd-funding event for community projects, the first event will take place at The Shrubbery Bath City College on Thursday 3rd November 2016.
The concept is simple, it’s a minimum of £5 (payabale on the night) to attend for everyone (you can donate more if you wish) and the purpose of the evening is watch five people pitch an idea to improve their local community.
Once the ideas have been pitched everyone gets a bowl of soup to eat plus a chance to chat and mull over which pitch they want to vote for. When the votes have been counted the winner will receive all the cash raised on the night to go ahead and start their project.
This event aims to bring together people who share a desire for a better community. The added advantage is they also get to meet people and share ideas and resources. New connections are made and it brings the community closer together.
Here's some essential information…
- You'll have a five-minute window to put forward your idea, feel free to use props but no digital presentations please.
- Your idea must benefit the local community in some way
- You'll be asked to answer up to five questions put to you by the audience at the end of your presentation
- You can't vote for your own idea
- If you win, you'll need to come along to the next event and give an update on how the money has been used
- One vote per person
- Any questions you have can be asked at the end of the pitch (the pitcher can select a maximum of 5 people
- If you can add value to the winning project by donating additional resources they might need (eg: free creative, event space, advertising/promotion) feel free to offer
- Promote your business, organisation or charity at the event and share your skills and knowledge with local people, via networking on the night
- Could you provide your services to Bath Soup Project? Donations and ideas are welcome
- If you know any local talent or a speaker who could donate their time at future events?
Here's a rundown of timings on the night...
6.00pm Doors open, all attendees donate £5 each (more if you like)
6.30pm Pitchers present their projects for five minutes each
7.30pm Soup is served and voting takes place
7.45pm Votes are counted, the winning project announced and presented with funds taken on the night
Book your ticket now
Volunteer Centre Bath & beyond, Business in the Comunity (Bitc), Bath City College