Come celebrate the French National Day on July 14th with a picnic at Montrose Beach on Grove 16! This year, we’re switching things up and making Bastille Day Chicago a “Bring Your Own Picnic” event filled with family fun entertainment.
Please note: Park regulations do not allow visitors to bring alcoholic beverages. Drinks and snacks will be sold on site.
This year’s program will feature a Kids' Corner (face and nail painting, games), traditional French activities (Pétanque, Waiters' Race), live entertainment and music, a photo booth station, FREE SORBET, and more! We’re making the event extra special with the outdoor movie screening of “The Rabbi’s Cat,” a touching story written by Joann Sfar.
You’ll also want to enter our RAFFLE Contest for a chance to win two Chicago-Paris tickets on Air France, memberships to the Art Institute and the MCA, one night for two people at the Sofitel Chicago, a half-day spa treatment from Mireille's Studio, and more!
Bastille Day Chicago is a non profit organization and is organized by a group of volunteers giving their time to make this event happen. The only financial support we receive is yours. Any amount helps and will be used to cover the expenses made for the event. Thank you.
- Live music with French DJ Sonny Ferra
- Outdoor movie screening of "The Rabbi's Cat" (8:15 - 10:00 pm)
- Kids' Corner (5:30 - 8:30 pm)
- Pétanque area (5:30 - 8:30 pm)
- Waiters' Race (6:30 - 7:30 pm)
- Photo Booth (5:30 - 8:30 pm)
- Free sorbet from the French Pastry School
Drawing will take place at 7:45 pm!
Buy your raffle tickets here.
- 2 Chicago-Paris round-trip tickets from Air France
- 1 night at the Sofitel Chicago for two people
- 2 Household Memberships at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago (MCA)
- A one-year Member Plus level membership at the Art Institute of Chicago
- 2 art books from the Art Institute of Chicago
- A half-day spa treatment at Mireille's Studio
- 1 regular French class at the Alliance Française for one person (once a week for 8 weeks)
- A 2 ½ hour demonstration given by one of the award-winning Chef Instructors of the French Pastry School