Actions and Detail Panel
Sat, May 6, 2017, 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
Booker T. Washington Community Center is very excited to announce that we are offering an annual 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament open to the community.
Each team must represent an agency/business/organization they work for.
For many years, Booker T. Washington Community Center has always strived to expand its programs and offerings to the community. We hope that you take part in this event and witness firsthand the pride we take in supporting our cause.
Booker T. Washington Community Center provides assistance and resources that empower our children and community members to thrive through recreational, educational, health and cultural programs. Booker T. Washington Community Center fosters an environment of inclusion and diversity with respect for the civil liberties of all within the community we serve.
Rules of the game
- 1 basket on 1 half-court
- Teams of 4 players (3 + 1 substitute per team)
- 15 second shot-clock
- 1st team to reach 21 points or best after 12 minutes wins
- 12 min game time: clock will run, only stopping for timeouts and official stoppage.
- Overtime: if score is tied after regulation game time an additional 2 mins will be added to game.
- Double elimination: if your team loses twice, your team is eliminated
- Baskets scored inside of the arc count as 1pt
- Baskets scored outside of the arc count as 2pts.
- Subs can enter the game on any dead ball situation. (Timeouts and official stoppage.)
- Ball must be cleared above the arc on defensive rebounds.
- The game will be played non-stop meaning: Once the ball is in play, regardless of a make or miss the opposing team will clear the ball and continue play. If the offensive team rebounds their own missed shot they DON’T have to clear the ball and can immediately try to score again. The only time the ball will be checked up or spot placed is on official stoppage and timeouts. Any clarifications of rules will be addressed before the 1st game.
Game schedules will be posted online one week prior to Tournament Day.
Please visit www.btwcc.org/BasketballTournament for further information.