Saturdays 10:15-11:15am, 12/3/16 through 1/14/17 (skipping 12/24/2016)
This class is recommended for puppies older than 5 months and adult dogs who haven’t yet attended training classes. We’ll cover basic cues, such as eye contact, sit, down, coming when called, etc., impulse control; leash skills; problem prevention.
- Do not feed your dog prior to class. We want your pup hungry and ready to work.
- Keep your dog away from other dogs at all times.
- Don’t bring a sick pup to class! You may attend without your dog.
- Appropriate walking equipment: a flat or martingale collar, or a no-pull harness or head halter; no choke or prong collars please.
- Bring 4 or 5 different tasty treats in a bait bag or fanny pack.
- Bring a favorite toy and stuffed Kong.
- There are no make-up classes for a missed class; it is considered a forfeited class.
- No refunds granted once the class has begun.
- Proof of current vaccinations (Rabies & DHPP) required.
If your dog is dog-reactive, please contact us before enrolling to discuss whether a class or one-on-one guidance might be more productive (firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-426-6300 x 266). If a dog is dog-reactive during class, we might offer you alternate arrangements to help you with your dog.