This course is an introduction to sales and use taxes in Minnesota. It is designed for business owners, bookkeepers, purchasing agents and accountants who need a working knowledge of the law and how to meet their obligations.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the basic Sales and Use Tax concepts for Minnesota and its local taxing jurisdictions to your business
- Recognize the exceptions to the “rule” and the exemptions available
- Differentiate how Sales and Use Tax law applies to different types of businesses and their business activities
- Discover how and when to use and accept an exemption certificate properly
- Identify the documentation necessary for sales and use tax records and returns
- List several resources that are available to help you answer your questions