San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Basic Digital Photography
With Angela Wilson
You’ll find all the need-to-know basics of using your digital DSLR camera in this fun 4-week photography class. Learn how to take your camera off the AUTO setting and learn the best techniques to match your vision.
Master the mechanics of your DSLR and begin your journey into photography starting with:
- Setting quality: Jpeg vs. Raw
- Aperture and depth of field
- Shutter speeds and controlling motion
- ISO sensitivity
- Basic white balance (get the right color)
- Exposure, exposure modes and metering explained
- Rules of great composition
- Lenses and focal length
- Basic image processing and workflow
- Mastering manual exposure
- Weekly assignments and critique
This class will provide you with a wealth of camera knowledge leaving you prepared to advance your photography skills in any direction.
Hands-on Photography: the class offers a one hour on location shoot with your instructor to help accentuate the skills taught in the class. Details will be given during the first class.
What to Bring to class: your digital SLR camera or fully adjustable mirror less camera, camera lenses and accessories, camera manual and note-taking material. After the first class you will need a jump drive to bring in your assignments.