We traditionally brew Vietnamese coffee, known as cà phê sữa đá, with a phin-style filter that gently percolates water through ground coffee. The result is a chocolaty and bold tasting coffee that perfectly complements the notes of oak, vanilla, and bourbon in this massive barrel-aged stout.
Taking its name from both Mokha, a historical port city for the distribution of African coffees, and the Sidamo province in Ethiopia, Mokasida is a regional blend of coffees that showcases the subtle characteristics of East African beans. When paired with the chocolate and roast character of our imperial stout, Mokasida imparts notes of cocoa, blueberry, and sweet potatoes to make a truly unique beer.
Also from East Africa and near and dear to our hearts are The Lost Boys of Sudan, a group of civil war refugees from various villages that were able to overcome extraordinary peril during their flight from persecution. AleSmith Brewing Company proudly employs members of The Lost Boys of Sudan and supports the California Lost Boys and Girls Foundation (CLBGF). A portion of proceeds from the sale of this beer will go towards CLBGF.
* * *
1) Starting 11AM PST on Monday, November 7 you will be able to purchase up to four (4) bottles of Barrel-Aged Vietnamese Speedway Stout ($30), and up to four (4) bottles of Mokasida Speedway Stout ($22) via Eventbrite (prices exclude tax, CRV, and service fee)
2) Bottles can be picked up starting 11AM on Saturday, November 12 during our Release Party at the AleSmith Tasting Room (9990 AleSmith Court, San Diego, CA). Bottles can be retrieved during tasting room hours from November 12 through January 1, 2017. NOTE: Any bottles not retrieved by SUNDAY, JANUARY 1 will be surrendered back to the brewery (no exceptions).
3) During your transaction, you will be asked to enter the first and last name of the person who will be picking up the bottles (“pickup person”). If you are picking up your own bottles, please enter your name; if you are not able to pick up your own bottles, please enter your designated pickup person’s name. Whoever’s name is entered as the pickup person must be the one to pick up the bottles (no exceptions).
4) Due to the high demand for these bottles, no person shall be listed as pickup person for more than two orders. This means, each person will only be allowed to pick up bottles for themselves and, at most, ONE other person. Any pickup person overages will be subject to cancellation.
5) You will be required to show valid ID matching the name listed as the pickup person and confirmation of purchase from Eventbrite in order to retrieve your bottles during the dates listed.
6) Do not purchase more than the maximum number of bottles allowed! Once you place your order, your name will be registered and any additional sales to the same purchaser/purchaser info will be voided. Any overages for whatever reason may be cancelled without notification.
* * *
AleSmith Brewing Company - Policies, Terms and Conditions
AleSmith Brewing Company does not ship beer directly to consumers. All beer purchases are only available for brewery pickup in our tasting room in San Diego, CA. For hours and location please visit http://alesmith.com/contact.
Returns & Refunds
We do not accept returns under any circumstances. No refunds or exchanges will be made. All sales are final.
Order Acceptance Policy
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. AleSmith Brewing Company reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason or to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item.
Privacy on Other Web Sites
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that AleSmith Brewing Company is not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of AleSmith Brewing Company, Copyright © 2002, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of shopping on this site or placing an order on this site and for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without prior written permission of AleSmith Brewing Company. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
* * *
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
21+ Must show a valid ID when picking up the bottles.
Do I have to bring my ticket to the event?
Yes, you will need to bring your tickets (printed or mobile) in order to recieve your bottles. If you have designated a pickup person, please make sure you forward the tickets to them for pickup.
Forged in 1995, AleSmith has been recognized by consumers and critics alike as one of the world’s foremost craft brewing companies behind accolades that include medals won at prestigious national and international beer competitions as well as being named Small Brewing Company of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival. AleSmith is on the verge of celebrating its 21st year in business and recently expanded, moving into a 105,500-square-foot, state-of-the-art brewery featuring a new 80-barrel brewing system that will allow the company to increase its production ten-fold. The expansion also included constructive of the largest brewery tasting room on the West Coast (25,000 square feet) with an outdoor beer garden that will soon be joined by a second-story indoor-outdoor mezzanine, private rooms and a museum dedicated to San Diego Padres legend Tony Gwynn. AleSmith’s line of acclaimed beers, which includes Speedway Stout, IPA, San Diego Pale Ale .394, Nut Brown and Old Numbskull Barleywine, is distributed in 19 U.S. states and five countries.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.