Bank & Financial Institution Governance
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
This BFSI compliance training will assist participants, including bankers, regulators and board members to better understand and study the requirements for an effective and efficient governance program for a financial institution. It will highlight the issues of governance for banks and financial institutions and the principles and implementation factors to consider.
Why Should You Attend:
Recent significant governance failures at banks and financial institutions around the world have had substantial costs to these organizations in terms of regulatory penalties and reputational damage.
This webinar will discuss leading standards and guidelines and will help attendees mitigate the chances of additional failures in governance at banks and financial institutions. The governance structures or best practices are outlined in standards including the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) and Bank of International Settlements. It is based on best industry practice, supervisory experience and covers three overarching themes: guidance, issues and solutions.
The presented standards and guidelines as well as the sharing of past failures in governance will help attendees understand and learn from past mistakes and strengthen their respective roles in their institutions, thus improving governance practices. This webinar will also discuss the practicality of these principles and the implementation factors with each of them. It will identify and discuss those key players that must be actively involved in a successful control structure.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Governance Failures in Banking or Financial Service Firms
- Standards and Guidelines
- Fundamental Structure in Governance for Banks (or financial services firms)
- Governance Framework per COSO
- Why use COSO?
- Internal Value
- External Value
- Defining Internal Control
- Components and Principles
- Organizational Structure
- Functional level of responsibility
- Key Players
- Types of Governance Assessments
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.