Actions and Detail Panel
Ballers for Dollars Basketball Tournament
Sun, April 2, 2017, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
Welcome to the Bellarmine Microfinance Club Basketball Tournament!
1. Only have your team captain sign up for the tournament, and he/she will have to enter in the names of all team members.
2. Each team must have between 4-7 players. (4 on 4 games with a max of 3 subs)
3. Each player must bring a signed waiver to the event. Waivers will be emailed to team captains after they have registered.
4. Each player must bring $10 in cash to the event to be able to participate.
5. The winning team will recieve a cash prize of $100.
The tournament is limited to 16 teams.
6. There will also be food available for purchase (in cash) at the event.
7. The event is only open to high school students.
8. The tournament is limited to 16 teams.
Note: Please register only afer you have confirmed you can attend the event. All signups are final as you are reserving a spot for your team in the charity tournament, and you will still be charged if your team signs up and does not participate in the tournament.
For any other questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
We are the Bellarmine Microfinance Club. We use Kiva (a microfinance website) to make small loans of $25 or more to people in the developing world or in the Bay Area who need money to start or improve their own business. Kiva's microfinance program (also known as microlending) is type of banking service that is provided to unemployed or low-income individuals or communities around the world and locally who would otherwise have no other means of accessing credit. Ultimately, the goal of microfinance is to give low income people an opportunity to become self-sufficient by providing a means of saving and borrowing money. These entrepreneurs set a goal for a loan amount that they would like to receive. Once enough Kiva users like the Bellarmine Microfinance Club help them reach their goal, the entrepreneurs are given the money and allowed to create/improve their business. When they are self-sustainable, they pay back the loan to Kiva's users, allowing them to loan it out again to other businesses.
All the proceeds from this basketball tournament will go directly into our Kiva account to help us lend to more Kiva bussinesses.