Already in 2016, DEFHR has taken in 49 horses that were in need of critical care and rehabilitation. Compared to the 16 horses that came to DEFHR in 2015, it is safe to say that DEFHR has had a very busy and challenging year. Since so many of our incoming patients this year were sensitive court cases they could not be publicized as they have in the past. But that does not mean that we do not need YOUR support. In an effort to put the FUN into FUNdraising while also coming up with a creative way to say THANK YOU, we thought it would be a FUN idea to offer 100 chances to win a trip to Bali! For $100 you will have a 1 in 100 chance to go to Bali (an $1,800 valued trip). Those are way better odds than in Las Vegas!
- How much is one entry? One entry is $100.
- Do my entry proceeds go back to the horses? Yes they do! The Bali trip was donated to DEFHR, so all FUNds raised in this FUNdraiser goes back to the horses.
- Is there a limit to the number of entries per person? Yes, there is a maximum of 10 entries per person. The more entries you submit the better your chances of winning. (ex: $300 gets you 3 entries, that is 3 out of 100 chances to win).
- When will the drawing for the trip be held? The drawing will be held on December 10th at DEFHR's annual Jingle & Mingle Holiday Party at the American Legion in Frederick, Maryland.
- Do I need to be physically present for the drawing? No you do not, but we sure would love to have you join us as we celebrate 2016's achievements.
- What if you do not have 100 entries by December 10th? Then we will delay the drawing until we have met our goal of 100 entries.
- How will you notify me if I have won the trip and I am not at the event? The week of December 12th we will contact you via phone, email, and or snail mail to give you the good news. Be sure to include your phone number, email, and mailing address when purchasing your entry.
- How long do I have to book the trip? You have 1 year from the date you were informed that you won the trip.
- Is airfare included? No it is not, sorry. Because airfare prices change so much based on time of year and routes it cannot be included in the package.
- Can you tell me more about the trip? Yes we can:
Amed Beach East Bali is everything you dreamed it would be: a rare and special paradise of outstanding exotic beauty, vibrant culture and friendly people. Discover their black sand beaches, learn to free dive, climb mount Agung, watch salt being made, visit the Tirta Gangga Water Palace, Trek the Amed countryside, visit Jemeluk Bay, go sea kayaking, pedal your way through Eastern Bali, take a cruise in a traditional fishing boat, SUP in Jemeluk Bay, or just relax and enjoy a traditional Balinese massage…
Nestled on the eastern hillside of Bali, Jepun Bali Villas are the perfect Indonesian retreat, with their spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. As you explore the waters of Bali on your scuba dive session, you’ll see the exquisite varieties of underwater life; or let the soothing sounds of the ocean waves crashing lull you to place of relaxation during your Balinese massages. A special Balinese dinner is an essential aspect of any vacation in Bali.
Villa Jepun is maintained by your own Balinese staff of seven, and they will ensure that your stay is perfect. All the artifacts, hand-carved statues, and artwork around the villas have been handpicked to reflect the traditional Balinese style of living. The koi ponds, waterfalls and gardens around the villas are also incredible, and boast many species of tropical flowers and trees. There is an unpretentious luxury in uncommonly beautiful surroundings, and the unique private Bali Villa rental is your perfect opportunity.
There are an abundance of activities to choose from during your stay, including some of the best diving and snorkeling in Bali. You’ll be picked up by boat at the backyard beach for your scuba adventure! The world-class diving destination of Tulamben is yours to explore! If you go to Bali for mind and body rejuvenation, you can’t go wrong with a traditional massage! The outdoor spa retreat overlooks the pool and ocean, making it the ideal place to indulge in a pampering treatment.
Your trip for two includes:
• 8 days/7 nights accommodations at Jepun Bali Villas
• Daily complimentary breakfast
• Welcome drinks upon arrival
• (2) scuba dive lessons
• (2) 1-hour Balinese massages
• (1) Pool-side Balinese dinner