Actions and Detail Panel
Balancing Our Minds-Youth Summit on Mental Health and Wellness
Thu, May 4, 2017, 9:30 AM – 2:15 PM PDT
- Increase youth knowledge about mental health and mental wellness
- Help youth learn about mental wellness tools, resources and services available in their communities
- Decrease stigma towards people with mental health challenges
- Generate ideas on how to promote mental wellness in schools
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- School based adult allies that have an interest in supporting students with making change in their schools
- Community members that have an interest in supporting youth with mental health and wellness
Students in grades 9-12 who are passionate about:
- Learning more about mental health and mental wellness
- Changing the conversation and reducing stigma surrounding mental health
- Learning more about supports and resources
- Creating a school culture of care and inclusion
- What is mental health?
- What contributes to our mental health and well-being?
- What specific factors protect us from experiencing poor mental health?
- How do you seek help and from who can you seek help?
- What supports and resources are available in our community?
- How can we help reduce the stigma of mental health?
- Opportunities to make change at school and in our community
Are there age requirements to enter the event?
Balancing our Minds is an event for youth in grades 9-12 and their adult allies. Individuals in the community that work with youth on a regular basis are also welcome to attend. Community tickets are $15 + GST.
What should I bring to the event?
Please bring your food and beverages for the day. The concession will not be open for the event. Some snacks will be available.