Badgers go to Oktoberfest 2013 - Friday 10/25
Friday, October 25, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)
Torrance, United States
Badgers have FREE admission (Normally $20) to sign up to Oktoberfest courtesy of UW alumni and event MC John 'Festmeister Hans' Baumgaertner. Bucky is in for lots of Prosting.
Description: Join fellow Wisconsin Alumni, fan, friends and family in celebrating the German wedding celebration known as Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest is a traditional Bavarian celebration supplied by Oom Pah Pah big bands flown in direct from Germany. Your belly will be sated by traditional German fare, and your thirst will be quenched by delicious German beers. Cash only event.
· FREE Admission via eventbrite
· Name is required to match Picture ID for free admission
· Repeated names will only count as 1 person. i.e. 13 Robert Webb tickets only count as a single admission, not Robert + 12 of his friends.
· $10 Admission
· If you miss the deadline or our capacity for free tickets has been reached, you will have to pay the admission fee
· Pay at the Door or Click Here
Where do I pickup my free admission tickets?
· Go to Will Call
· Free passes are under “Guests of Festmeister Hans”
· Note: Eventbrite registration name is required to match your picture ID
Where to meet-up with fellow Badgers:
Once you are in the tent, look for Wisconsin decorations and alumni at a table near the front of the stage.
What to Wear:
Typical German attire encouraged otherwise wear Wisconsin gear and colors.
About Alpine Village
The event takes place at Alpine Village in Torrance, California. Alpine Village hosts the longest and largest Oktoberfest in Southern California and features Wood-sawing – Stein-holding -Cow Milking - Food - Beer - Chicken Dance- LIVE German Band and MUCH more! http://www.alpinevillagecenter.com/
Need a Hotel?:
If you don’t have a DD, we recommend you get a hotel room at the Holiday Inn. 19800 S Vermont, Torrance, CA - (310) 781-9100. Hotel features a free shuttle to the festival. Be sure to ask for the Oktoberfest room rate.
Valerie at email@example.com
When & Where
Los Angeles Badgers
Los Angeles Badgers is the Los Angeles Chapter of the Wisconsin Alumni Association. LAB hosts many events throughout the year encouraging fellow Badgers to learn, explore, and cheer. LAB also provides local scholarships for Los Angeles based students to attend the UW. www.LABadgers.com