Badger Twilight Hike in Griffith Park
Sunday, November 14, 2010 from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM (PST)
Los Angeles, CA
Join fellow LA Badgers for the last hike before the holidays! We had such a great time hiking to Mt. Hollywood in June, we decided to do it again! Make new friends while enjoying the amazing views of LA as it turns from day into night from the highest point in Griffith Park.
Who: Alumni, friends, family – Please no dogs for safety reasons
Hike Difficulty: Intermediate – this hike is not for beginners
Elevation Gain: 1640 ft.
Distance: ~5 miles
3:30 pm: Meet up time, sign waiver
3:45 pm: Begin hike
4:45 pm: Arrive at Mt. Hollywood summit – snack potluck
5:30 pm: Begin the descent down the mountain
What to bring: trail shoes/hiking boots, camera, snacks/refreshments to share (alcohol is not permitted), layered clothing as it can be windy at the top.
Note: There are no bathrooms along the trail. Please allow time to use the park facilities before we head off into the sunset. Cell phone reception is hit-or-miss in the park; please call ahead of time with any questions.
Where to meet: Griffith Park – Merry-go-round lot #2
Directions: From the 5 freeway
* Exit 141 and head West/South on Los Feliz
* Turn Right/North onto Crystal Springs Drive
* Turn Left when you see signs for the Merry-go-round. A Ranger station will be on the right side of the road where you turn. If you reach the golf course, you have gone too far.
* Turn right into the first parking lot. Follow lot to the left and exit out the back side.
* The road will lead to Merry-go-round lot #2. Look for folks in Badger gear!
Questions/Comments: Cheri Kaczmarek email@example.com, 858-736-6264
When & Where
Los Angeles Badgers
Los Angeles Badgers is the Los Angeles Chapter of the Wisconsin Alumni Association. LAB hosts many events throughout the year encouraging fellow Badgers to learn, explore, and cheer. LAB also provides local scholarships for Los Angeles based students to attend the UW. www.LABadgers.com