Bad Seed: The Motivations of a Challenging Child
Thursday, April 30, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
BAD SEED: The motivations of the challenging child.
April 30th, 2015
12pm to 2pm
We have all seen a child “act up” or “act out” in a public place and we question the ability and quality of parenting they have received. Even parents have often asked them serve why they act like that. The simple answer is that they want to act like that, it is apart of their goal system. In this session we will examine why children behave the way they do, especially child we find to be difficult. We will also provide skills, interventions and tools to help children set better goals.
● Identify and discuss gender roles, stereotypes and holistic human behavior.
● Understand the socialization of children.
● Learn methods of redirecting behavior and helping youth to internalize “good behavior”
● Define good behavior, goals and attitude
● Increase awareness and understanding of individual goal setting.
. ● Understand the impact of adult modeling of behavior.