Back to the ‘80s Bash!
Come join us for TOTALLY AWESOME ‘80s music, food, drinks, live and silent auctions, and to help raise money and spread the word for Tampa Bay Area families in need during Autism Awareness Month.
Our goal for this event is to raise $30,000 for needy families in the Tampa Bay community. These are some of the costs that families with children on the autistic spectrum face every day:
- The majority of pediatric diagnosticians who are able to initially diagnose autism do not take insurance. The minimum cost for the first visit is $300, not counting the follow-up visit.
- The recommended amount of basic therapies is 2 hours a week (speech and occupational therapy) with an annual cost of $15,600.
- A child who also needs PT (physical therapy) incurs a cost $23,400 a year.
- When a child starts out with Applied Behavioral Analysis therapy, a minimum of 10 hours per week is recommended. The standard rate for an ABA paraprofessional is $50 an hour. A licensed Board Certified Behavior Analyst typically charges $100 an hour.
- Yearly costs for ABA therapies can exceed $24,000 not including program updates and any other outside services such as help with Individual Education Plans or consultation meetings.
‘80s Dress is strongly encouraged! Come out and have a blast, LIKE TOTALLY....!!