San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This one day CE conference is designed for nurses, social workers, case managers and other professionals working with families struggling with End of Life care issues.
Certificate of Completion will be granted after the one day event for those seeking 6 hours of Social Work CEU Credits: BSRB # 06-002
Iowa Hospice by Harden Healthcare: IBON approved provider #351. This course is approved for .6 CE (6 CEUs) for Nurses seeking CE Credit.
There are 4 sessions focused on providing the professional with a better understanding of Hospice Care and Services:
Primary School: Palliative Care and Hospice
Elementary School: Starting the Hospice Conversation
Middle School: Hospice Eligibility and Changes in the CMS Coding Guidelines
High School: Meet the IDG Team
The curriculum also includes several common threads integrated throughout. These major themes include:
The family as a unit of care
- The importance of respecting culture and spirituality at end of life
- How to work with LTC facilities and home health agencies to provide quality care at end of life
- How to communicate with patients/families regarding EOL issues
- Importance of Interdisciplinary care at the end of life
When & Where
Girling Home Health, a Gentiva Company
At Gentiva, our care is defined by our clinical expertise and the compassion we deliver every day – one patient at a time.
The Gentiva family of companies has been bringing great healthcare home for 40 years. Our nurses, therapists and other healthcare professionals are dedicated to carrying out the Company Mission:
To improve quality of life for those we serve through the delivery of clinical excellence, extraordinary service and compassionate care, while being recognized as the leader in home health and hospice services.
Each year, we provide home health and hospice services to more than 350,000 patients from more than 420 community locations nationwide. Our full range of clinical services includes:
- Skilled nursing
- Physical, occupational and speech-language therapy
- Cardiac and pulmonary care
- Wound care
- Disease and pain management
- Medication management and education
- Patient education to promote self-management
- Treatment for balance problems that can lead to fall risks
- Hospice services
We are committed to continually raising the bar in home healthcare by setting new industry standards for quality care and personalized service. That’s why thousands of patients every day choose us for their home healthcare needs.
Call 1-888-GENTIVA, or refer to the location finder for a provider near you.