Bachelors and Bridesmaids
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
**Just in!! Nival Salon & Spa will donate a $50 gift certificate to each of the first 50 people to buy a ticket!**
Ever wondered if you really will wear that bridesmaid dress again? Now you can! Come to Bachelors and Bridesmaids decked out in wedding finery to dance, support breast and health awareness, and give new life to those dresses packed away in your closet.
Fashiontographer will be there to take your photos, which will be included in the popular District of Fashion editorial lookbook.
Kimberly Glenn of LadiesDC will emcee the event. Hosted by Shoot for Change and Capital Breast Care Center, the event will raise funds to provide screening mammograms, diagnostics, and services for CBCC's uninsured patients:
- A gift of $2,000 provides clinical breast exams, mammograms and follow-up care to 10 uninsured patients.
- A gift of $1,500 provides a biopsy for one uninsured patient.
- A gift of $500 provides five uninsured women with an ultrasound breast exam.
- A gift of $250 covers the average cost of a diagnostic test for one uninsured woman who has an abnormal mammogram.
- A gift of $100 provides a mammogram to one uninsured patient.
- A gift of $50 provides a one-week supply of gowns for our patients.
- A gift of $20 covers the cost of one toy for our children's play area.
When & Where
Capital Breast Care Center / Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
We provide culturally appropriate breast cancer screening services and promote health and wellness to women in the Washington, DC area regardless of their ability to pay.