Baby Sign Basics
with Linda Schmackpfeffer from Tiny Hands Talk to Me
Monday, May 15th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm
BABY SIGNING BASICS CLASS
Any adult who cares for or works with hearing babies up to 12months old will wantto consider taking this class. Including but not limited to:
- Expectant parents, parents, grandparents, other family members
- Infant – toddler childcare professionals, nannies
- Physicians, PA’s, nurses, hospital or clinic staff
- OT’s, PT’s ST’s…etc.
To teach adults everything they need to know, to successfully teach the hearing babies in their care, to use ASL (American Sign Language) for pre verbal communication. At this one time- 2 hour class, participants will learn 40 “baby friendly” basic signs. But more importantly they will learn helpful teaching strategies and techniques for success.
Research shows that babies who are taught a few simple ASL signs are:
- Less frustrated and have fewer tantrums
- Speak sooner than their non-signing peers
- By age 2 they have significantly larger vocabularies
- By age 3 they speak and understand at a 4 year old level
- Have IQ’s 10-12 points higher than their peers
- Have a jump start on language development
This event is for adults and non-mobile babies.
Linda Schmackpfeffer of Tiny Hands Talk to Me
Linda received her initial Baby Signing Instructor certification from Kindersigns University in 2006. In 2010 Linda applied to and was accepted by The Signing Time Academy. She received further training and became a Certified Baby Signing Time Instructor.
Over the years Linda has taught her Baby Signing Classes at local libraries, and recreation centers, as well as holding private in home classes for interested parents and families. She also has conducted several workshops for the teaching staff of various childcare centers in the Rochester area.
Save This Event
When & Where
Beautiful Birth Choices
Beautiful Birth Choices offers Childbirth Education Classes in several formats, including a One Day Crash Course, a Five Week Series, and Private Instruction. In addition, we offer a Prenatal Yoga, Happy Hour Yoga and Comfort Measures Classes. We also specialize in Doula Support Services and would be happy to talk with you personally!