Actions and Detail Panel
B1G Ten Alumni Beer Pong Tournament
Sat, April 1, 2017, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
This event marks the first beer pong tournament sponsored by the NYC Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association. It is open to all B1G Ten alumni in New York City.
Beer Pong Tournament Rules
Please arrive by 11:30 a.m. for bracket selection with a strict time of 12 p.m. for the first round. Absentee rules will begin starting at 12 p.m.
To be eligible, you must be 21 or over. The cost is $60 per team for early registration and $70 per team for regular registration until March 31st. Both team members will be covered with the purchase of one ticket to this event. Fill out the order form accordingly for partner information.
Cash prizes are as follows:
1st place winner will receive a trophy
No spectators will be allowed on the floor.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Food will be served at the event and unlimited beer will be available from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Teams are highly encouraged to wear comfortable attire and come up with themes or matching T-shirts, but no specific attire is required.
Cup formation: 10 cups per team, Starting formation is a "tight triangle" formation (rims touching), pointing towards the opposing side.
The 10-cup triangle must be centered on the table and the back of the rack must be in line with the back edge of the table. Cups must not be tilted or leaned against the surrounding cups.
Content of cups: Light beer is to be filled to the bottom line of every cup and will be distributed evenly in the 10 cups on each side of the table.
RULES AT FIRST GLANCE:
- Each player MUST shoot one at a time (See "Shooting").
- Two balls in one cup = GAMEOVER.
- Each team is allowed 2 (TWO) re-racks. See the official rules for allowed formations each team is allowed to use.
- Player's feet may not cross designated line. Will result in a miss even if ball goes into cup as designated by referee. (See "Shooting Line")
- A cup that falls on or off of the table is considered a cup. Players may not catch cup. (Make sure cups are filled enough to where they will not tip over.) (See "Knocked Over Cups")
- Balls that are bounced count as 2 (TWO) cups. If Team 1 bounces into a cup, Team 2 is allowed to pick which second cup to remove. Team 2 is also allowed to swat/grab said ball before it hits a cup. (See "Bouncing/Swatting")
- Any fault that occurs (ball interference, table interference, cup interference) and is caught by the referee results in a cup penalty and is chosen by the team that did not commit the penalty (See "Not Allowed").
- Lateness to the tournament will result in rack penalty's as stated below (See "Absentee/Late Players").
Please be sure to completely read the rules of the tournament before you compete.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
This event is open to all age groups but participants playing in the tournamnent must be 21 and older. IDs will be checked at the door upon arrival.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
R Studios is located in Ozone Park, NY. Street parking is available but scattered. Please arive early in order to find parking. We recommend carpooling to avoid parking congestion/trouble and taking an UBER/LYFT for a safe ride home after the event.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Your registration ticket is NOT transferable so please be sure you can attend the event before purchasing.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please click the "Contact the Organizer" button to the right of this page under the "Organization" section.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You should only have to bring yourself, your wallet (ID/Money/Credit Cards), and any props you may want to associate with your attire. You are NOT allowed to bring your own beverages as well as anything that can be used to harm anyone present in the venue.
Can I buy a ticket for my partner?
Tickets that are purchased will cover both team members. Just be sure to enter your partners information on the order page.