Actions and Detail Panel
Authentic Relating Games Night -- Saturday, November 5th at 7:30 pm
Sat, November 5, 2016, 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM EDT
Small talk leads to small connections. DC can go beyond "What do you do?" and "How about this weather, huh?". Maybe you're tired of unfulfilling conversations in loud bars. Or perhaps you're craving some more soulful connections with fun people. If so, then you've found your tribe.
What's an Authentic Relating Games Night?
Authentic Relating Game Nights are inspired by the Game Nights held in San Francisco by Authentic World and dozens of cities around the world. Sometimes loud, sometimes intensely quiet, sometimes risky... always fun and revealing.
Do you crave a space where you can talk about something OTHER than, "What do you do?" or "Where did you go to school?" Join a thriving DC community at Authentic Relating Games Night, a space where you can discover how much more FUN and rich it is to BE YOURSELF and actually connect with people. ALL are welcome. Bring a friend, bring your partner or come solo! NOTE: THESE ARE NOT SINGLES EVENTS. (Although phone numbers DO get exchanged occasionally...)
"This is ten times -- sorry, I mean ONE MILLION TIMES -- better than going to a bar." - Melanie C., 32
"A unique and FUN way to connect with people on a deeper level. If you're curious about what a "games night" is (without any mention of Monopoly or Twister), do yourself a favor and experience this. Trust me." -- Adrial D., 29
What kinds of games are these?
• Imagine a playground where you can practice the art of relating with others in a fun, social atmosphere. Game Nights create a safe place within which to play a little more outside our comfort zones. We discover more about ourselves than we might in our everyday lives, all within a lighthearted container that makes it easy to get real, take emotional risks, and grow on a personal level.
• The games are fun, highly interactive partner and group exercises that demonstrate and explore authentic relating. Get to know yourself better while also learning to see and appreciate more about everyone with whom you connect. The games are NOT board games like Chutes & Ladders and checkers.
• By authentic we mean that there is no cookie-cutter mold for how you should be or what relating should look like. Everyone is a universe unto themselves, with their own unique style, personality, and integrity. We hold that everyone is perfect and amazing exactly as they are (including their belief that they aren’t.)
• Game Nights are a chance to have fun and party in a conscious way with great people, going beyond small talk and expected (and often boring) social norms.
What can I expect?
Laughter. Fun. Energy. More genuine connection. Excitement/anxiety (while learning the difference). Relief. Feeling alive and awake. Conversation beyond small talk. Play. Connection. New possibilities. New friends. Insights. Sparks. Challenges. Personal growth. Transformation.
Who comes to play?
• Adventurous adults of all ages who want more fun, rich connections with people. Whether you're tall, short, old, young, in a relationship, single, or "it's complicated." ;) (Again, these are NOT specifically designed as singles/dating events.)
• You want the opportunity to experience an open-hearted space where people are given the space to cut through the superficial and act as truly themselves for an evening.
• You enjoy exciting, fun and very juicy social evenings with lots of laughs, plenty of insights, and sometimes sparks flying!
• You are looking for a real, authentic connection with new people and are prepared to take a risk to try something NEW.
Peter Will Benjamin and Pete Waters
IMPORTANT NOTE: This Games Night is being held at the NEW Viva Center, which is a few blocks north of the old one (see the address listed). Also, the event is starting ONE HALF HOUR LATER than our usual start time in the past (i.e. 7:30 pm instead of 7:00 pm).
DATE AND TIME
Saturday, November 5th, 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm
DOORS WILL CLOSE PROMPTLY 8:00 pm (We really mean it!)
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm Authentic Relating Games
10:00pm and onward Enjoying the vibe!
$25 in advance (by Thursday, November 3rd, at 5pm)
$35 at the door
In the past, many of these events have SOLD OUT a week in advance. Only 25 spots are available. Guaranteed spots are only for ticket holders. Walk-ins allowed only if space is available.
ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Buy tickets at: https://dcargn11-05.eventbrite.com
The Viva Wellness Center
1731 Connecticut Ave, NW, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20009
(above City Lights of China restaurant)
Email Pete AuthenticRelatingDC (at) gmail (dot) com or call (559) 904-3987.
Date and Time
The (new) Viva Center
1731 Connecticut Ave NW, 4th floor
(above City Lights of China restaurant)
Washington, DC 20009