Authentic Relating Games Night Orange County
Saturday, March 30, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
"Even if you've known someone for years,
this is an opportunity to share and be seen in new ways..."
Have your ever had a conversation with someone where you found yourself hanging on every word? Your heart is wide open, your eyes filled with tears, and the goofiest smile you've ever pulled is on your face?
Do you crave a space where you can talk about something OTHER than "what do you do" or "where did you go to school" and actually connect with people?
Join a growing L.A. community at Authentic Relating Game Nights, a space where you can discover how much more fun and richer it is to BE YOURSELF.
(Check out our growing facebook group: Authentic Los Angeles)
ALL are welcome. Bring a friend, bring your partner or come solo! These are NOT singles/dating events.
Authentic Relating Game Nights LA are inspired by the Game Nights held in San Francisco by AuthenticWorld. Sometimes loud, sometimes intensely quiet, sometimes risky. Always fun and revealing. We are tapping AuthenticWorld for fun and engaging games that we can play ourselves.
What kinds of games are these?
- By 'games' we mean fun, highly interactive partner and group exercises that demonstrate and explore authentic relating, getting to know yourself better while at the same time learning to see and appreciate more about everyone you connect with.
- By 'authentic' we mean that there is no cookie-cutter mold for how you "should" be or what relating "should look like".
- They are safe places for taking risks, practicing the art of relating with others, playing a little more outside our comfort zones and discovering more about ourselves than we might in our everyday lives.
- They're also a chance to have fun and party in a conscious way with great people, going beyond small talk and expected (and sometimes boring) social norms.
- Things to expect: laughter, relief, anxiety/excitement (and the wisdom to know the difference), reverence, play and connection, new friends, and new possibilities for how you engage the world.
- Anyone who wants more fun, richer connections with people. It doesn't matter if you're in a relationship, single, old, young, short or tall. (Again, these are NOT singles/dating events.)
- You want the opportunity to experience an open-hearted space where people get to “cut through the superficial” and be truly themselves without apology for an evening.
- You enjoy exciting, fun and very juicy social evenings with lots of laughs, plenty of insights, and sometimes sparks flying!
- You are looking for a real, authentic connection with new people and are prepared to take a risk to try something NEW.
"In order for connection to happen,
we have to allow ourselves to be seen. Really seen."
All are welcome, and we look forward to connecting with you!